The Bug-A-Salt Fly Swatter Rifle: Kills 'Em Dead With One Shot
We recently camped on the Eastern shore of Maryland. Anyone familiar with this area is also familiar with the flies who seem to take great joy at bombing humans. These flies also bite and, they draw blood. Ah, but, not any longer - at least, not when John is around with the Bug-A-Salt fly swatter. 'Fly swatter' is not quite the right words for this contraption. 'Fly swatter on massive doses of steroids' is closer to it.
Now, the Bug-a-Salt is not a gun in the sense of it will kill someone although, beware, John tried it on his foot yesterday to see how hard it shoots the salt out (ok, he's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier) and got a nice little cut right where the salt hit him. As with any type of gun, this one should be kept out of the hands of young children....and John....
Ok, 'what the heck is she talking about' is what I hear you saying. So, here's the specifics on this very cool, very fun pest killer:
- This newly fangled fly killer contraption shoots just 1/4 teaspoonful of salt from the muzzle. The salt hits the flie(s) and, boom, they drop over dead. As one reviewer put it, if they don't drop over dead, they're no longer 'flies' - more like wobbles or wingless wonders who will no longer bother you. Ever.
- You can pull the trigger on the Bug-a-Salt up to 50 times before reloading it with more salt.
- There's even a pop up eye sight which, really, is useless. John's become quite proficient at killing flies, wasps, and spiders just by pointing the thing in the general direction of the pest.
- The Bug-a-Salt even has a safety which resets with each pump of the gun.
- No batteries are needed which his a big plus if you ask me.
This entertaining fly swatter is the perfect gift for anyone who loves the great outdoors but hates the pests that come along with the joy of being out. Think fishermen, boaters, campers. You get the idea.
Credit: Thanks to BFF Bobbi for setting us up with this great bug killer as a gift. We kill all these flies in your honor, Miss!
Update 2 days after original posting - my arm is killing me! The Bug-A-Salt may be a wonderful fly pest removal system but it's hard as heck to load. I'm looking at it as exercise but I'm sore!
If the Bug-A-Salt fly killer is not your game, here's a few other items on Amazon.com that will help you in your quest to kill flies.
This insect killer is a much more passive way to rid your area of flies. Not nearly as much fun as the Bug-a-Salt but reviewers love the thing.
I'm a much better shot with this mosquito swatter. 2 AA batteries fry any insect I swat at.
This is the next bug killer on my list. It's rechargeable so no batteries to worry about.
Cudos to the inventor for bringing the Bug-A-Salt rifle to market. Even bigger cudos for this fun video showing it in action.
Here we go again. Check out this video showing the fly killer in action.