- Fashion and Beauty
T-shirts - 10 Facts you don't know about it
1.T-shirts were adopted for the first time by miners during the late 1800’s as a convenient covering for hot environments .
2.T-shirts became very popular in United States after the beautiful performance of Marlon Brando in 1951’s production “A Streetcar Named Desire” were he wore a custom made T-shirt.
3.Vast majority of T-shirts are made of cotton.
4.Over 2 billion T-shirts are sold worldwide each year.
5.Most expensive new T-shirt was sold by Hanes, sponsor of 1996 Centennial Olympic Games as a part of a fund raising effort in order to help children from war torn countries. The T-shirt was sold for 42.000 USD .
6.Most expensive T-shirt belonged to a Canadian hockey player who was wearing it when he scored the winning goal in the last game from an 8 series against USSR in 1972. He recently was auctioned for a whooping 1.275.000 USD .
7.The world biggest T-shirt was shown on Fenerbahce Istanbul Sport Club stadium. The home T-shirt of the club is 1 ton and 50 kilo heavy with 78 meters long.
8.First T-shirt swap at the end of a football game was recorded at a game between England and France in May 1931.
9.The world record for wearing the most T-shirts at once is now set at 183.
10.Recently a team of scientists developed a T-shirt that is bulletproof, by treating a normal cotton T-shirt with boron, one of the toughest material known to man; scientists claimed that this kind of T-shirts will stop a flying bullet.
- Top 10 richest people on the planet in the year 2011
- Animals - 10 things you don't know about
- Coffee - 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Tattoos 10 Facts you dont know about it
- Piercings 10 Facts you dont know about it
- Vaccines 10 Facts you dont know about it
- Cigarettes 10 Facts you dont know about it
- 10 Facts you don't know about wedding rings
- Parachutes 10 Facts you dont know about it
- 10 Facts you don't know about coins