10 Features of a Good Fashion Backpack
In 2011, The Row launched its $39,000 crocodile backpack at Barney's, and backpacks were suddenly in the spotlight. They soon became fashion's hottest accessory, and their popularity hasn't waned since. There isn't a major couture house today that doesn't have a line of fashion backpacks in its collections.
While a beautifully-made backpack is a thing to be worn with pride, there's no reason why it shouldn't also be a functional bag. Of course, if you want a backpack for its fashion value alone, that's your choice, but if you also want your bag to serve you well, here are 10 points you might want to consider:
1. The Look: Your bag should look chic and complement your style.
2. Comfort: It should distribute weight evenly to both shoulders on wide-enough straps.
3. Versatility: It should look and feel just as great when slung over one shoulder.
4. Security: It should have smart compartments that keep important items safe.
5. Convenience: It should give you easy access your most often-used essentials.
6. Health: It should distribute weight evenly on both shoulders, and allow your arms to swing at your sides when you walk.
7. Freedom: Hands-free to ride your bike with your bag on your back.
8. Responsibility: Not having to hold on to a handbag, so you can hold on to your kids' hands at all times.
9. Functionality: It should complement your lifestyle - whether you use it for everyday, work, school, or travel.
10. Fun: You never know when you come across a carousel.