10 Perfect HairStyles for Your Short Haircut
Who said having short hair means constantly wearing the same hairstyle? When we have short hair is not always easy to style it in a different way, even though short hairstyles are easy to do. Having a short haircut can be just as sexy as having long hair.
There are several ways to style your hair and you only need a bit of creativity! Besides, it's quite a simple cut to style which means you will be ready to go out in just about a few minutes.
Having short hair is trending at the moment and there are inumerous celebrities who have it. For instance, Emma Watson, Halle Berry, Ginnifer Goodwin, etc. Therefore, you should start thinking about changing you haircut if you don't have short hair yet. If you do own such a cut already, then take these tips and use them in order to have sexier and elegant hair!
10 Ways to Style Your Short HairCut
Here we go! Here, there are 10 short hairstyles to style your short haircut so that you can accomplish a sofisticated and perfect hairdo!
1. Sleek and Straight
Who told you short hair can't be sleek and straight? When styled smoothly you can get unique hairstyles, designed on a modern and versatile way.
How to get this look:
1. Apply a small bit of smoothing cream in your hair while it's still wet and then brush it. I personally love Bed Head After Party because it truly makes my hair soft and silky. Plus, it's perfect to get off the frizz and provides glow to your hair.
2. Next, dry your hair with a hairdryer in order to make it even and smooth. You can use a flat iron to help you straighten bits of uneven hair.
3. Your bangs are extremely important for this hairstyle. If the bangs outdistance your eyes, you must keep it straight. However, if you bangs are up your eyes section you can orientate it on your foreheard towards the left of the right as you wish. To help out, you can use a tail comb or a bobby pin.
4. As this look is quite simple and clean, you can use a pair of startling earrings and necklasses to make this look sofisticated and dead elegant!
2. Textured and Ruffled
This look is bold and fun! It is genial for a girls' night out or when you simply need something to cheer you up!
How to get this look:
1. After you leave the shower, apply a spray that provides volume and texture to your hair, while it's still wet.
2. Next, blow-dry the hair, always focusing the heat on your roots.
3. Now it's the styling part. First off, we'll afford some volume by teasing the roots. With a tail comb, put it on the roots and then comb up and down until the hair is standing up by itself. Focus essentially at the crown and finish at the sides. Sooth everything down.
4. In order to give it the texture we need, we will use wax. With wax we can straight some parts of the hair, behind or on the side. Next up, apply wax to your fingertips, making sure to smooth the wax over all of your fingers, then simply pinch the wax onto the ends of your hair, applying as much or as little as needed.
5. So that our hair doesn't get all droopy and flat, we must take some wax with our fingers and put it on the roots of our hair while lifting the strands for soft volume.
6. Finally, you only need to apply hairspray to make the look last hours!
3. Slicked back
On those certain days we don't have freshly washed hair, it's not always easy to do a quick and cool hairstyle. This look is brilliant for those situations as it's quite simple to get. All you need to do is give it some volume and smooth everything out.
1. The hair can't be freshly washed, it must be on it's second or third day, or we won't be able to keep this look for long.
2. If you want a super straight look, use a flat iron before you start the hairstyle.
3. Use a tail comb to provide volume to your hair, always focusing on the top layer part of your hair.
4. Apply lots of extra hold hairspray to prevent it from falling flat. I love L'Oreal Paris Elnett, it's wonderful!
5. Lastly, apply a bit of gel through your ends, and comb through for a slick look.
4. Soft Waves
This look is absolutely breathtaking! It's romantic and it's really nice for super short or medium size hair. This shoulder length bob is styled into soft waves from root to tip giving this look plenty of body and volume making it a great style to frame a long face.
It's very easy to get and we'll only use 4 products: Mousse, Wax, Smoothing Shine and Hair Spray. It's only flaw is that it takes about 30 minutes to get it.
1. First off, using the plam of your hand, apply mousse through all the damp hair. Styling mousse will add hold and can help achieve better results.
2. Use your hands to scrunch the hair as you blow-dry, always at a low temperature and speed.
3. Next, start curling your hair with a curling iron, around a 1-inch curling iron. You must start in the back section and then go through the remaining hair.
4. To control the ends better, apply some wax.
5. Ultimately, apply a Shine Up Mousse or Oil. Focus on the mid-lengths and ends of your hair. Be careful not to apply it on the roots, otherwise you'll get greasy hair easily.
6. As always, apply a bit of hairspray and you're ready to go!
5. Side Braided Bob
Braids are the latest trends. It gives us a very romantic look. Usually, the braids hairstyles we see are mainly for long hair but they can apply for short hair just as perfectly.
Here's an example:
1. Hair slicked back with two braids on each side. You make look number 3 a bit more edgy.
2. Firstly, we'll do two braids on each side of our hair. The braids doesn't go on until the end, we reach middle half and we stop.
3. Next up, on the crown part, we'll give lots of volume to it, teasing with a tail comb and we'll apply plenty of hairspray to hold it.
6. One Side Asymmetric
This short hairstyle is placed on one side only and making it a little wavy. This simple yet sexy 'do is easy to maintain with regular trims e creates an asymmetric gorgeous look for a special occasion.
How to get this look:
1. Apply mousse to damp hair to hold it and to keep it smooth.
2. Part your hair to one side, I personally prefer the right side but that's up to you. To make sure it's untangled and smooth, use a tail comb to help defining the middle and then pull more to one side.
3. Use a Medium Radial Brush, when you dry your hair to add body to it's straightness. If you already have a somewhat wavy hair, brush it anyway to help defining the waves.
4. Blow-Dry you hair underneath. You only need to place your brush underneath the hair, that is, start at the back and place your brush under the section of hair close to the nape, keeping the blow-dryer following over the top. Start on the back side.
5. When you reach the sides, place the brush under the section and then pull the brush and hair forward around your face to creates body to the hair. Place the hair-dryer on top of the brush until you reach the ends and then turn the ends under. Repeat until dry.
6. Piece and pinch the ends of your hair with wax.
7. Pine one side of your hair to the back with the help of bobby pins. Use as many as you reckon necessary to keep it secure.
8. Apply a small amount of smoothing shine to the palms of your hands and spread it through your hair to offer a lasting glow.
9. At last, do not forget to apply hairspray.
7. Pulled Up
If you have natural thick hair, this look will work perfectly. The hair is straightened and pulled up and back to achieve height and texture through the top making it a great style to balance out a round face.
1. If you hair is wavy, you must smooth it with a hair straighner first.
2. Apply wax on the back of your hair with downward motion to achieve a sculptured look. Pinch clumps of hair in different directions for a messier result.
3. To complete the look, apply wax on the ends, lifting the hair.
4. To make it last longer, apply wax also on the roots, while lifting your strands for soft volume.
5. Lastly, apply wax above your ear and drag it through as you pull your hair behind your ear and don't forget hairspray!
8. Fake poufy updo
Sometimes, when we have short hair and we're trying to make it grow, we end up with a medium size hairtcut and it becomes complicated to style it. An elegant way to style this type of haircut is to do a pouf up do, as it makes the hair look much longer than it actually is. This hairstyle is ideal for a wedding or another special occasion and it's extremely easy to do, so let's get straight to it.
Here's the way you can get it:
1. Part your hair in half.
2. Tease the crown of your hair with a tail comb and spray with hairspray to provide the volume this hairstyle needs.
3. Next up, you must straighten the hair and pin hair pins in the back, always leaving a few hairs out on the back, to give the illusion of an up do.
4. Free a few hairs to frame your face and apply hairspray.
9. Twist It
With this look we can achieve a gorgeous and unique hairdo. In addition, this hairstyle is unusual and is sure to make you distinguished. It's a different way to style your short hair which will make it look sophisticated and elaborated.
1. Apply styling mousse to damp hair, using your palm, and evenly distribute it along the hair shaft. Styling mousse will add hold and can help achieve better results.
2. Now, twist all the hair in small and larger sections and pin it all with hair pins. Pay attention to the way you create texture and shape. Make sure you twist it in a way to make it loose and unbounded to the roots. Otherwise, it won't produce the same effect.
3. If you have plenty of baby hairs in the back, just put a little bit of wax or gel to hold the hair. Do the same at the front, applying a bit of hairspray and with a tail comb or a brush just fix it.
4. Spray all the hair with hairspray to keep this hairdo for hours.
10. 1940s Hairstyle
Finally, we'll finish up with a retro and quite pretty look for a special occasion.
Scarlett Johansson wore this look on one of her public appearances and she looked like she stepped out of the 1940s with this stunning hairdo.
How to get it:
1. Apply mouse to damp hair with you hands through the hair to create volume and texture. The mousse will hell keeping this hairstyle for longer.
2. Use a tail comb to part your hair to the left side. A side part is great for longer face shapes because it creates the illusion of width.
3. Use a Medium Radial Brush to smooth out wavy or curly hair textures or to add body to straight hair.
4. Blow-dry your bangs to the left, making sure that the section of hair is no wider than the diameter of the brush. Next, place your brush on top of your head and under your section. Using your blow-dryer on a medium setting, blow-dry your hair from the roots, gradually working your way to the ends. Don't stop it.
5. Now focus your attention on the back part of your head. Place your brush on top of the section and blow-dry down starting from the roots and using tension as you go. Next up, place the blow-dryer underneath the hair and continue to blow-dry the ends out.
6. On the crown section, you must give it lots of volume. To this, follow the brush in an upwards direction at the roots and an outwards position at the ends for volume and sleekness.
7. Now, you can use hot rollers or a curling iron. If you use hot rollers use a medium size. Take a section of hair no wider than the diameter of the hot roller and comb it to ensure there are no knots. Place the roller at the ends of the section of hair, and then twist the roller down the hair shaft until it meets the top of your head and then secure it in place with a pin or a clip.
8. On the back and on the side parts, put the rollers in an upright position.
9. Leave the rollers in your hair until they've colled entirely. It's proper to keep them for 15 or 20 minutes.
10. Finally, tease the hair on vital places, put a hair pin or a pretty hair accessory on the right side so that it keeps the hair away from your face. Apply hairspray and you're ready to go!