10 Quick Beauty Tips From an Avon Rep
We all have that one person in our lives who always shows up looking like a runway model. How in the world does she do it? Here are a few tips to get you started. No purchase necessary to reap the benefits, but all of the products I am showing you as examples can be purchased at www.youravon.com/dbrown8082.
1. What is a good basic routine?
If we are going to talk basic, I would suggest just a few products. How much more basic can you get?
- Concealer. Only put concealer where you actually need it to be. You do not have to overdo it with this product.
- Mascara. Whether you want just dark eyelashes or major Bam! in-your-face eyelashes, the right mascara will do the trick.
- Lip balm. You can use a colored lip balm or a moisturizing lip balm. Either way, your lips will look great!
2. How do you minimize your pores?
If you're like me and have huge pores, I bet you're wanting to get rid of them. It's not a pretty sight. Try using a retinol cream every single night. Your skin heals during the night. Then, in the morning, use a good SPF moisturizer.
I would also suggest picking two nights a week to use an exfoliate to deep clean your pores and remove dead skin before applying the retinol cream.
3. How do you get rid of blackheads?
Minimizing your pores will go a long way to getting rid of blackheads. So, along with the retinol cream and exfoliate, try using an astringent. You may actually find that you do not need to exfoliate as often since the astringent will also clean off the accumulations (ie: dead skin) that turn into blackheads. You can apply with a cotton ball or purchase the ones that come with pads.
4. Does it matter if your shower puff ball doesn't completely dry between showers?
Let's talk about what's healthy here. The puff ball not completely drying between showers is nasty. The moisture that sticks around shower after shower after shower is a breeding ground for bacteria.
Let it dry completely between showers.
- Hang it up and do not use until completely drip dried.
- Microwave it for about 30 seconds.
5. How often do you have to clean your makeup brushes?
The last thing you want is a nasty makeup brush. You can spread infections all over your face and neck with them.
You should be cleaning your makeup brushes at least once a month.
- Dip brush in warm soapy water. You can use shampoo or a mild soap.
- Rinse the brush.
- Blot the brush with a clean towel.
- Use a blow dryer to dry the bristles gently.
6. Is it okay to store products in the glove box?
If it's hot outside, definitely not okay. The heat can break down the ingredients while inside the container. If it's medicated (has SPF, is for acne, etc), you're not getting any of the benefits.
7. How often do you wash your hair?
By not washing your hair every single day, you're allowing the natural oils do what they're suppose to do. The natural oils in your hair are suppose to make your hair healthier and bouncier. If you are not already skipping a day, then:
- Start by washing every other day.
- Then, every three days.
- Try using a dry shampoo.
Some people don't go any further than that, but it is recommended that you go as long as you are comfortable between washings. I, personally, can only go every other day or two at most.
8. How do you NOT get razor burn?
Whether you are male or female, this question has been asked numerous times. If you are using foaming shaving cream or bar soaps, they can dry out your skin which causes razor burn. Try using a non-foaming formulated shaving cream or a hair removal system.
9. Should you put on false lashes before or after applying makeup?
This really is a personal choice on what works best for you. The suggestion I will give is this:
- Apply eye shadow, eye liner and mascara.
- Put on false eyelashes.
- Apply more mascara so you unite the real and false lashes together.
10. How long do you keep your makeup?
All brands are slightly different, but here is a general guideline to go by:
Length of Time
Concealer, Cream Foundation, Primer, Cream Blush
Powder, Powder Foundation, Powder Blush, Powder Eye Shadow, Bronzer, Eye Liner