- Fashion and Beauty
10 Things you should do to keep your Hair Healthy and Shiny
With rise in hectic work schedule and fast-paced life, it has become quite difficult to maintain one’s health. Consequently, there is rise in various health problems, out of which hair problem is one. Most of you would definitely be suffering from huge amount of hair fall, as well as facing the problems of rough and dry hair. This make you lose your confidence and your overall aesthetic look. To counteract such problems, I have mentioned few products to stimulate your hair growth, rejuvenate them and bring those shiny and thick locks back. I hope it will help you to bring that old beauty back.
1. Hair oil: With so many hair oils available in the market it is obviously difficult to make the right choice. Many of them promise to make your hair stronger but they actually do nothing. There are few hair oils that are effectively reviewed by many customers and will surely be beneficial for you. Some of them are Moroccan oil, Argan oil and Figaro which is an olive oil. Daily use of one of these hair oils can make your hair look shinier and reduce hair fall significantly.
2. Shampoo and Conditioner: Most of the shampoos claim that they can make your hair thicker and effectively reduce the hair fall within first wash. Do not trust these products unless they are from a renowned brand that has been quite promising from the last so many years. By renowned brands, I mean Schwarzkopf, Wella, L’Oreal professional shampoos and many more that have proved to be good for all hair type under any climatic conditions. It is recommended to use the shampoo and conditioner from the same brand. There are few brands in market that have launched shampoo and conditioner 2 in 1 product. I suggest that you must not go for these products as they are comparatively new and due to mixture of shampoo and conditioner in one pack, their individual qualities have been compromised.
3. Hair mask: Hair mask is an important product to retain moisture in your hair and prevent them from getting dry and rough. After applying it on hair, you should keep it for at least half an hour before cleansing your hair with shampoo. You can make home-made hair masks as well but due to busy schedule and fast life, most of the people prefer to buy hair mask products. It is better to use hair masks of the same brand of which you use the shampoo and conditioner.
4. For chemically treated hair: If your hair is chemically treated, then there are 90% chances of your hair becoming rough and dry and finally resulting into a huge amount of hair fall. It is a must to oil your hair every night to prevent any such damage. Oiling is preferred when you have recently got your hair chemically treated because oiling after a long time of its application do not improve your quality much as they are already damaged a lot by the treatment. For colored hair, there are shampoos available in the market from top brands. You can also use that shampoo but you have to make sure that you are also using a good hair oil because shampoo solely cannot save your hair and do not forget to use conditioner after that.
5. Spa: Spa is a quite popular technique, now-a-days, to make the hair smooth and shiny. Though spa is good for hair, not every spa product suits every type of hair. It is not necessary if a Schwarzkopf spa suits your hair then other spa will also be beneficial for you. I have once got a Schwarzkopf spa which made my hair look so glossy but later on, when I chose spa using another product, it extensively damaged my hair. Consult your hair stylist before going for a particular spa product.
6. Trimming: It is possible that your hair, when tangled together, may result into half broken hair that can cause split-ends damaging the further growth of your hair. So, make sure that you get your hair trimmed at least after every 6 months to reduce any such possibility. Split-ends are quite dangerous for hair as it resist them from any further growth and weakens them by reducing their thickness.
7. Balanced Diet: There are possibilities that even after using all these products there is not a significant change in your hair quality, then it is time to keep a strict check on your balanced diet. Your diet plays a crucial role in stimulating your body to function more effectively. Make sure you have proteins and vitamins included in your diet. You must eat foods like salmon, walnuts, carrots, eggs, oysters, spinach, lentils, citrus fruits, strawberries, mango, cucumber, beans, legumes, figs, berries and vegetables. This will surely help you to build stronger hair roots and improve your immune system.
8. Yoga: Yoga is important in improving the blood flow within your body. It also helps in regrowth of your hair and making your hair thicker and stronger. There are some Yoga namely Vajrasana, Uttanasana, Sasangasana, Matsyasana and Uttanpadasana that can prove extremely beneficial for your hair growth. If you face problems in doing any of the above-mentioned exercises then kindly consult an expert, because even a little mistake can severely harm you.
9. Home Treatments: There are certain home products that can retain the lost moisture of your hair. You can apply a mixture of lemon juice with egg on your hair or you can also use a slightly warmed up mixture of castor and olive oil to prevent any possibility of dandruff. You can also make home-made hair packs; use a mixture of two bananas, three table spoon mayonnaise, three drops of lavender oil and one tablespoon of olive oil, apply this for 30 minutes. You can also use this mixture later. Make sure it is refrigerated for future use. Besides these, you can also make a mixture of honey with raw milk and apply it into the hair for at least 25 to 30 minutes. It is recommended to wash your hair with lukewarm water.
10. Stress and Meditation: Stress is one of the major problems for hair fall; it directly affects your brain nerves that loosen up your hair roots. If you suffer from extreme stress, then it is recommended to do some exercises, cardio or meditation, whichever suits you the best. It reduces your stress to a great level. Meditation helps you to control your mind and thus, the whole body. Meditation will be beneficial for you if you do it early in the morning and in the night before going to sleep.
If you have other points than this to reduce hair fall and rejuvenate growth, then do write in the comments below and let everyone know the solutions to one of the major problem.
If you still faces extreme hair fall and other hair related problems, then please consult your doctor for hair treatment. Most of the hair treatments have given successful results. So, you can definitely go for it.