10 Ways to Look Younger
Do you ever look in mirror and wished you looked younger? Do you ever worry that people think you are older than you are?
Here are my top 10 tips on how to look young!
1. Cleanse and exfoliate.
Wash your face every day. The wear and tear from make up to sweat each day can seep into your pores and enlarge them. It can also cause break outs, which leads to scars. Over all washing your face can help your complexion immensely, and a nice complexion, will make you look younger.
Exfoliate at least few times a week. When you exfoliate, it removes all the dead skin and helps build new skin. It helps get rid of scars, wrinkles, dark spots, and dry skin. Our bodies have an amazing ability to rebuild and renew. By drinking a ton of water and exfoliating, you help the process along.
3. Make up!
Make up is a wonderful magical thing. When you wear it right, it enhances your beauty. But wearing too much make up, can age you. Too much foundation, can make you look uneven, cakey, and leathery. Too much dark make up, especially on your eyes, can make you look older. When doing a dark smokey eye, be careful not to overdo it. Lastly, too much dark eyeliner on your lower lid. Or worse, too much eye liner below your lower lid can make you not only look dark and scary, it can make you look at least 10 years older.
2. SAY NO to Orange!
A lot of people think tanning makes you look hotter, younger, skinnier, prettier, and just overall better in general. But really, it couldn't be farther from the truth.
Yes, a nice natural sun kiss you received from your trip to Miami looks good. Even a small amount of powdered bronzer on your face, can give you an nice looking youthful glow.
But most people, take it to the extreme. If your skin starts to look orange, or you start to look like a different race in general. You are tanning too much. And trust me no matter what you think, it doesn't look good. The youth full glow is gone, and now your looking 10 year older. Being that unnaturally dark makes you look older, and stand out for all the wrong reasons. Plus sitting in the sun that much and laying in the tanning bed not only can give you wrinkles, but also can give you cancer. You might think it looks good now, but when you are 50 after all those years of tanning, your going to look 70 with an orange leather face. Oh and spray tans, not only make you look like an aging oopma loompa, they are terrible for you. All those chemicals seeping into your skin, can also do a ton of damage.
I am not against tan skin. I think, a little can make you look amazing. But too much tan makes anyone instantly look older. If you keep tanning it will cause wrinkles and will make you permanently look older. Embrace your natural skin tone. Skip the tanning salon, your so much more beautiful the way that you naturally are.
Damaged hair can age you instantly. The frizzier your hair is, the older you look. Years of dying, bleaching, perming, straightening, and using heat on your hair, can really damage it.
Nice thick, silky hair makes you look young, healthy and beautiful. Believe it or not there are many things you can do to improve your hair.
- Use a good conditioner. Shampoo isn't too important, it just cleans your hair. If your hair is really dry. Condition it twice. I like to put conditioner on just the ends of my hair, than I let it sit as I shampoo the top of my head. I rinse it all out, than I apply conditioner again. I let it sit for a few minutes, and then rinse again. This helps tremendously.
- Don't wash your hair every day. Every time you shampoo you are striping the natural oils that protect your hair. If you shampoo everyday, you are bound to have dry hair. Some people can go a week with only washing their hair once. This is a tip, I have a hard time doing. My hair is so used to years of washing it everyday, that it over produces oil, to help protect it. Your hair needs to get used to not having to produce so much oil. I try to only wash my hair every other day. The best time to train your hair not to over produce oil is in the fall and winter. Wear a cute beanie on your unwashed hair, and no one will see the top of your head.
- Use a deep conditioning hair mask at least once a week on your hair. If your hair is not so damaged you can do this once a month. I like using organic coconut oil as a hair mask, or My favorite hair deep conditionar is Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask. I also like using the one time hair masks, that come in a packet. They are made by different brands. You can buy them at any beauty store, or in any beauty section. They are only a couple dollars, and after using them your hair feels amazing.
- Get your hair cut regularly. Getting a trim helps remove split ends and encourages your hair to re-grow healthy. I try to go every 6 six weeks for a trim.
- If your going to use heat, use a heat protectant. This helps protect your hair from the damage heat causes. I really like TRESemme heat protectant. It is only a couple dollars but it works great. Try to use heat sparingly. I never blow dry my hair. If your going to blow dry your hair, don't use a hot curler or straightener after. Try other ways to curl your hair without heat. Use homemade fabric curls, or the curlers that you sleep in. Try not to use heat every day. I try to limit my heat to 3 times a week. The other days, it's either pulled back, or I didn't wash my hair that day, so it's still straight from the day before.
- NEVER EVER GET A PERM, OR A CHEMICAL STRIAGHTENER! This will damage your hair more than anything. And It will take years to heal.
- Don't dye your hair to much. The lighter you dye your hair, the more damage it will cause. Try to stick with darker colors. If your not naturally bleach blonde, try to stay away from that color. Not only will it age you, it will fry your hair. Get your hair dyed in a salon with professionals. If you have to dye it yourself, try to find natural hair dye. (not natural instincts) I am talking about hair dye that you can buy at an organic, natural foods, store.
Do you have a fear of looking old!
Wear age appropriate clothes. Just because you can fit into it, don't wear it.
If your 40, it doesn't look hot to put on pink polka dot tank top and mini skirt that you found in the preteen section of the store. When your middle aged and your wearing clothes that belong on a 15 year old. It's not going to make you look 15, it's going to do the opposite and accentuate your age and wrinkles even more, making you look older than you are.
Same goes with if your in your 20's don't shop in the Fashion for 50's section. It is going to make you look older.
Shop your age. There is so much amazing fashion out there for any age. You will be able to find clothes that fit your body nicely, while making you look young.
They say smiling and laughing gives your wrinkles. But when you smile, you brighten up your whole face. Which makes you look younger. So Smile More and be happy!
Bad teeth hygiene can age you. Since your going to be smiling so much, and showing your teeth, you want them to look nice. White, healthy teeth, makes you look younger. A natural healthy way to whiten your teeth, it by using baking soda with your normal toothpaste and using peroxide as a rinse. Stay away from smoking, dark soda's, and limit your coffee. (or drink with a straw)
I don't recommend teeth whiteners you can buy at the store. They can damage the enamel on your teeth. If you want to whiten your teeth quickly, see your dentist!
This one can probably go without saying. Moisturize your face and wear sunscreen! By doing this you will prevent wrinkles and it will help heal any wrinkles or scars you do have. Dry skin can cause wrinkles and age you. By having a hydrated face it will make you look youthful!
Who would of thought there are two ways eye brows can age you. The first is not taking care of them. If your eye brows are huge and un plucked, and growing all over, it can make you look so much older.
But if you over pluck, or shave your eyebrows until all you have left are these tiny thin eyebrows, it is also going to make you look older.
NEVER AND I MEAN EVER remove your eyebrows completely. And then draw them on with a pencil, or tattoo. Not only does it make you look so much older. It looks so unnaturally weird. Not only that, people who have eyebrows that have been drawn on, can look villainsh and mean. If you ever look at any evil character in any movie they usually have thin drawn on eyebrows.
So keep your eyebrows full, but keep them kept! Find a good balance in between!
10. Take care of yourself!
Eat Right, exercise, drink lots and lots of water. Everyone has heard the saying, "you are what you eat". In this case it's true. Eat lots of fruit and veggies, and drink plenty of water, it will make your skin look fabulous. Looking young really starts from the inside out. You can and will be beautiful at any age that you are!