- Fashion and Beauty
The minimalist shoe wardrobe - the only shoes women need
Shoes used to drive me crazy; I never seemed to have the right shoes for what I needed to do. Then one day, out of sheer frustration, I decided to tackle the problem head on and sort it out once and for all.
I sat down and worked out what type of shoes I needed for my lifestyle. Today I own just 12 pairs of shoes and they take me anywhere and everywhere. For me it was time well spent as now I usually have something to wear.
If you are finding that you have the same problem with shoes, take a look at my list. Buy the ones that you feel are relevant to your lifestyle. Buy ahead of need as it saves you from shopping in a panic. Hopefully in a short while, your life will a little bit easier and a lot less frustrating – at least in the shoe department anyway.
The key to starting off your shoe wardrobe is to make sure you buy the following 12 shoes in simple, basic styles in neutral colors. This will give you a good chance of always having something to wear.
For casual activities
- A pair of sneakers or flat ballet pumps to wear with your casual jeans or skirts. These are useful to wear when running errands, meeting up with friends casually, and for city breaks which involve a lot of walking whilst sight-seeing.
- Slippers for lounging around at home.
- Exercise shoes for the gym or jogging.
- Flip flops for the beach, holidays and summer BBQs.
- Waterproof walking / hiking boots if you love walking in the countryside.
- A pair of low cost canvas lace up shoes that you can wear when doing the housework, decorating or DIY – these are practical rather than glamorous.
- A pair of flat winter boots if you live somewhere cold and snowy. Choose a pair that are practical, that you can also wear with skirts if you want to.
- Wellington boots for gardening and summer music festivals.
For semi-smart and formal occasions
1. A pair of Black court shoes with a medium height heel.
They can be worn to a funeral or job interview and also to the office. They can also be worn to a concert, the ballet, the opera and with a little black dress to a party.
2. A pair of kitten heel mules or shoes in a dark neutral such as black, brown or navy.
These can be worn with a skirt or trousers for those occasions when you want to look smart and feminine such as having lunch with friends, hosting a dinner party at home, going on a date or a wedding anniversary dinner.
3. A pair of glamorous high heeled evening shoes or sandals.
They can be in black or a metallic such as silver or gold. These are for wearing to parties, a black-tie dinner, a ball and a nightclub.
4. A pair of medium height heels in a light coloured neutral that you can wear to a wedding or christening.
Invitations do crop up occasionally, so buy a style that is as simple and versatile as possible,
Would you like to make money online?
Join me and thousands of people from all around the world and write articles (Hubs) with Hubpages. I joined three years ago and so far have 50 articles (Hubs), all written in my spare time. They earn me passive income every month. Some Hubbers have hundreds, even thousands of articles.
How does it work?
Hubpages provides the facility for you to write and publish articles online. They put adverts on the page which earn you money every month. Once you have written an article, you just leave it and it has the potential to earn you passive income every month for years.
What can I write about?
- Creative writing - such as short stories and poetry
- Product reviews
- Any subject you like. Examples include travel, hobbies, money, relationships, child-care, history, art, politics, fashion, technology etc
How much can I earn?
Hubpages puts adverts on our articles and we earn money every time someone reads the article - between US$3 to $8 per 1000 views. My average hubs are viewed/ read by about 30 people a day, my most popular hubs are read by 100 people a day. If you do the maths, you will see that a popular Hub, read 100 times a days, earns between US$110 to US$290 a year, and will continue to do so every year. Last year my hubs generated enough passive income to pay for my summer holiday and are on track to do the same again this year and every year.
How long does it take to write an article / Hub?
Some articles take me a couple of hours to write, others may take up to 5 hours to write. On average, I write one article a week. Many Hubpage members write more, some write less.
How much will it cost me?
- Nothing. Hubpages is FREE to join. You share your earnings with them. You keep 60%, they keep 40%. They want you to earn and make it easy for you.
It sounds too good to be true, where's the catch?
The catch is that you need to write good quality articles on subjects that enough people want to read about and make them easy to find on the internet.
How do I do this?
It is really easy when you know how. When you think about a topic you may want to write about, do the following:
- Think about some key phrases related to the subject.
- As an example, say you want to write a chicken curry recipe hub. Some connected phrases may be "How to cook a chicken curry", "Chicken Curry Recipe", "Recipe for Chicken Curry", "Easy Chicken Curry Recipe", "Hot Chicken Curry Recipe" - you get the idea..........
- Use the online "Adsense Keyword Tool". It is provided by Google and is free to use.
- To find it, simply type in Adsense Keyword Tool into search.
- Type in all of your phrases. The keyword tool will then tell you how many people a month are typing in these phrases.
- Look for a phrase that is searched for at least 3000 times a month.
- As an example, say you notice that 3000 people a month search for "How to cook a chicken curry" compared to only 500 who search for "Hot Chicken Curry Recipe".
- You call your article the most searched for phrase - "How to cook a chicken curry"
- Include this phrase into both the title and the content of your hub.
- Your article now stands a good chance of appearing on the first page of the Search Engines search results page.
What you are doing is finding out exactly what people want, the exact phrases they are typing into the search engines to find it, and writing articles that give them what they are looking for. You make it easy for them to find your article by using their search phrase in your title and content.
Give people what they are looking for and you will make money.
How else can I earn with Hubpages?
- Sell E-Bay and Amazon Products on your Hubs and earn commission.
- Encourage a friend to join Hubpages and receive 10% of their earnings
Once you have written an article, you just leave it and it will earn you money every day for years. That is passive income.
If I can do it, so can you.
Follow these six easy steps to join hubpages and start earning:
I recommend writing them down so you know what to do.
- Join Hubpages, the link is below, then.....
- Activate the Hubpages Earnings Programme to allow adverts to be shown on your account.
- Set up a PayPal Account. Hubpages pay your earnings into this account. If you already have one, this can can be used.
- Think of a subject for your first "Hub .
- Search for and use Adsense Keyword Tool (It is a free to use tool.) Type in a few key phrases related to the topic of your hub. Look for a phrase that is searched for at least 3000 times a month and include this phrase in the title and content of your hub.
- Write and publish your first "Hub".
Remember, it is FREE to join, so you have nothing to lose. If thousands of other people around the world can make a passive income online with Hubpages, so can you.
To join Hubpages and start making money Click Here . Good Luck
If you found this article interesting and useful, you may enjoy my other Blogs and articles on Minimalism and how to create a small but stylish wardrobe:
Chic and Minimalist Wardrobe Blog
My other Hubpages articles:
- The secrets of how Chic Parisian women create a stylish yet minimalist wardrobe
- The French 5-piece wardrobe. How each season French women create a capsule wardrobe based around 5 key pieces
- Minimalist Wardrobe For Women (Part 1)
- Minimalist Wardrobe for Women (Part 2)
- Minimalist Wardrobe Essentials for men
- Minimalist Wardrobe Essentials - the key to avoiding a wardrobe meltdown
- French Wardrobe Basics - The wardrobe essentials of French women
- How to be chic - 10 easy ways to become more chic
- How to update your wardrobe easily
If you have any comments about this article, there is a comment box at the end. Thank you. .