17 Natural Home Remedies for Getting Rid of Blackheads on Face and Nose
The mere sight of blackheads on our face or nose can give us many a sleepless nights especially if there is a party coming soon. So what are we supposed to do to get rid of blackheads? Though of course there are many products in the market today which you can make use of but many of them are costly and a few of them might even cause allergies on your skin. So, the best way is to go natural when it comes to removing blackheads. In this post, I am going to talk to you about some of the easiest natural remedies for helping you get rid of blackheads. Just read on and please let me know of your views.
What are Blackheads?
Many of you might be thinking as to what blackheads are? In simple language, these are a kind of pimples but with the difference that they do not have any skin on them. Since they are open so the top layer usually turns dark black in color. The other name for blackheads is comedones. Blackheads are in fact the first stage of acne. However they are closed then these are called as whiteheads. The prime area where you suffer from blackheads is your nose and chin, though it can appear on other parts of face too. If you are wondering as to why we suffer from blackheads, then it basically occurs due to hormonal changes which might affect our body at adolescence or due to excessive usage of cosmetics, and by not keeping your skin clean. Though these blackheads can occur in almost every skin type but those with oily skin are more prone to suffer from it.
What are the Causes of Blackheads
There is not just one but a number of factors which are responsible for the occurrence of blackheads. However here I am putting down a few of those causes:
1. Stress: Stress is said to be one of the major causes of blackheads. Once you are under stress or anxiety it has a direct bearing on your skin and the result is you suffer from acne and blackheads.
2. Diet: What you eat shows up on your face. Thus those of you who are more into junk food eating are known to suffer more from blackheads and acne problems. It is recommended therefore to think before you eat. Always eat a healthy fibrous diet to get rid of blackheads.
3. Makeup: Yes you read it right..Its Makeup!! Many of us out of our laziness often ignore removing the makeup and thus sleep with it. The result is our skin is unable to breathe properly and the pores of the skin too get clogged. We often do not clean our face in the proper manner. At times lots of makeup products contains harmful chemcials too. All these factors leads to blackheads.
4. Alcohol/Caffeine/Smoking: If you are addicted to any of these then most likely you are going to suffer from not just blackheads but acne too. If you are an excessive caffeine drinker or alcohol addict you will surely get these skin troubles.
5. Pregnancy: At times pregnancy too may lead to blackheads This is due to hormonal changes which occurs in the body of the pregnant women. Androgen is a hormone which clogs the pores of the skin and leads to blackheads and acne.
17 Ways to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally
1. Steam: Expose your blackheads to steam. The steam will help open up the closed pores of the face and thereby remove dirt and bacteria from your skin. Steaming helps you in getting rid of blackheads faster. Even your skin will look much better.
2. Aloe vera helps too in removing blackheads. It not just calms down your acne but also is effective in healing the blackheads. Rub your blackheads with the aloe vera gel and over a period of time you will see the difference.
3. Toothpaste too works effectively in not just in helping you get rid of pimples but also blackheads. You just need to apply a thick coating of toothpaste and let it remain for half an hour. Once you wash your face, you will see the difference in your blackheads. Make sure to do this on a regular basis.
4. Oatmeal paste and almond paste also helps in blackheads. You can make a paste of almonds or oatmeal with rosewater and apply on the affected region. Let it remain for 15 minutes, gently scrub your blackheads and wash off.
5. Rice too is effective in removing blackheads. Just soak some rice in milk and then grind it. Now apply this paste on the face especially concentrating your blackheads.
6. Raw potatoes too are useful in blackheads removal. Just apply grated raw potatoes on the face and wash off after 15 minutes.
7. Fenugreek leaves have been found beneficial too for blackheads removal. Crush a handful of fenugreek leaves and make it into a paste and apply on the blackheads. Wash off after 15 minutes.
8.Honey is one of the best home remedies for blackheads. It makes the skin clean and clear by getting rid of bacteria present on your skin. It also helps in tightening skin pores and improves complexion too.
Most Effective Natural Treatment for Blackheads Removal
9. Turmeric is an age old tested natural remedy for your complexion and also for acne and blackheads. It acts as a healer for your skin. Just mix turmeric and lemon juice and make a paste and apply. Let it dry and then wash your face.
10. Green Tea scrub too can work effectively in treating blackheads. You need to take one teaspoon of green tea and add to it some water so that a thick paste is made. Now gently scrub your blackheads with this paste for 2-3 minutes. Rinse your face with warm water.
11. Baking Soda treats not just your acne but is a good scrub for blackheads too. it helps in removing skin impurities and thereby opens up the clogged pores of the skin too. take two tbsp of baking soda and add to it water to form a thick paste. Apply the paste to blackheads and massage with your fingertips. Don’t overdo it, just massage for a few seconds only. Rinse with lukewarm water.
12. Cornmeal helps in opening up the clogged skin pores and thus helps to prevent blackheads. Take one teaspoon of cornmeal and mix it to your favorite facial cleanser and cleanse your face. Massage your face gently.
13. Cinnamon not just removes blackheads but also prevents future outbreaks too, so it is one of the best remedy for blackheads. Take 1tbsp of cinnamon powder and add to it honey. Apply this paste on your blackheads and leave it whole night. In the morning wash with lukewarm water.
14. Lemon is certainly one of the best natural remedies for blackheads. Take one lemon and cut it into half, apply to it honey and then massage it on your face especially blackheads. Lemon being acidic in nature also has bleaching properties which works effectively on your blackheads.
15. Orange peel powder too can be used on your blackheads. This not just makes your skin fairer and cleaner but works on your blackheads too. Mix orange peel powder with milk and add to it little bit of honey too. Apply on your nose, chin and rest of the face.
16. Witch hazel: Just take cotton ball and soak it in witch hazel and apply on the affected region. It helps to remove excessive oil from the skin and thus prevents occurrence of blackheads.
17. Egg white: Take egg white and not the egg yolk in a bowl. Apply it with fingers or cotton ball on your nose. Now place a toilet paper on the nose and let it remain there. Once it gets dried, peel off the paper. Rinse with lukewarm water.
What Skin Problem Do You Suffer the Most
Tips to Follow to Get Rid Of Blackheads
1. Always keep your face clean and maintain a proper facial care routine.
2. Avoid junk food as much as possible.
3. Always remove your makeup before you go to sleep.
4. Make use of an effective facial cleanser.
5. Exfoliate your face on a weekly basis so as to prevent dirt from layering up on your skin.
6. Avoid using soap.
7.Don't touch your face excessively.
Get Rid of Blackheads Now
Blackhead Removal Mask
How to Use Coconut Oil for Getting Rid of Age Spots Naturally
- How to Use Coconut Oil for Getting Rid of Age Spots Naturally
Coconut Oil for age spots is one of the best natural treatment for age spots, you will also learn about various skin care benefits of coconut oil, it is best homemade treatment for your skin
5 Best BB Creams For All Skin Types
- 5 Best BB Creams For All Skin Types
BB creams are a rage in the cosmetic world today, know which are the best bb creams for all skin types, how they can make your skin look radiant and beautiful. These bb creams differ from cc creams.
How to Treat Dark Underarms and Armpits at Home
- How to Treat Dark Underarms and Armpits at Home
Dark underarms and armpits can be most embarrassing for you if you prefer to wear sleeveless dresses, read to know underarms whitening creams and natural remedies for whitening your armpits.
Must Be Helpful
- Home Made Face Mask for Acne Scars
Home made face masks for acne scars helps in getting rid of acne in natural way by using products like lemon juice, baking soda, apple cider vinegar. You just need to apply these face packs regulalry.
- How To Use Body Butter to Get Soft Skin
Body butters like shea butter, cocoa butter are known to make your skin soft and shiny. However there are many more benefits of using body butters which you will know in this hub- how it can be used.
- Homemade Hydrating Face Mask Recipes
Homemade hydrating face masks recipes are good for those with dry skin. It makes your skin hydrated and thus makes you feel fresh all time, these diy facial masks will give your skin glow and beauty