- Fashion and Beauty»
- Men's Fashion & Clothing Styles
3 Best CrossFit Shoes for Men
Train Like the Best
As a CrossFitter, I want to make sure that when I'm working out, I'm training like the best.
To train like the best, sometimes it helps to dress like the best which is why I've listed the 3 best CrossFit shoes for men. I will be writing a post about the 3 best CrossFit shoes for women later on.
Rich Froning - Fittest Man on Earth Wears Reebok Nanos
What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is a unique sport which combines Olympic lifting, gymnastics, running, swimming, and others. It promotes health, strength, endurance, flexibility...all with a little competition.
Within each exercise, you may find yourself doing movements that will require a different set of equipment. With squats, for example, you'll want a shoe that resembles bare feet (flat as can be) rather than a running shoe (which is designed for comfort). With the idea that not all exercises are created equal, and that you may want a lighter shoe for doing box jumps vs a more flexible shoe for another exercise, finding just the right shoe could help you achieve maximum results.
Many CrossFitters will find as they progress which shoes benefit themselves the most but I'm here to help you start off the right way without much down-time.
Everyone will have their own preference and style of shoes but when it comes to performance, you can't deny that Rich Froning, Dan Bailey, and Kenneth Leverich know what type of shoes works best.
Why Do I Need CrossFitting shoes?
In all reality, you don't necessarily need "CrossFit Shoes." You can do most of the exercises wearing a pair of New Balance running shoes. But, in order to truly succeed, you will want to invest in a good pair of CrossFit shoes. These shoes will help you achieve better results by helping you stabilize to lift heavier weights, squat deeper, and jump higher.
#3 - Rogue Fitness Do-Wins Weightlifting Shoe
These shoes help your feet breathe so much better using mesh inserts. They also have better stability from two shorter fastening straps and a 3/4" heel. These shoes are worn by CrossFitting athlete, Jason Khalipa. He is one muscular dude!
#2 - Adidas PowerLift Shoes
When you're lifting heavy weight, you want a shoe that supports that weight. The Adidas PowerLift shoe, worn by CrossFit star Dan Bailey, has a wide and solid base with a high-density midsole. It has an instep strap and light mesh upper to provide maximum lock-down support.
Other Shoe Benefits:
- Mesh and synthetic leather upper for light weight, support and durability
- Comfortable textile lining
- Single instep strap for additional rearfoot integrity
- Weight-distribution plate
- Weightlifting-engineered, high-density die-cut midsole wedge for lightweight stability
- NON MARKING rubber outsole;
- Traction pattern for grip
Adidas PowerLift Shoes
#1 - Reebok CrossFit Nano
This shoe is extremely versatile. Rich Froning, the Fittest Man on Earth (4 years in a row), uses this shoe and loves it. The Nano combines a solid platform with a combination of cushion with heel stabilization. It's more flexible, sturdy, and helps to support the medial and lateral sides of the foot. These are extremely lightweight and will help you take on even the toughest workouts!
Other Shoe Benefits:
- 360° PU Cast for lightweight, seamless, engineered support and durability
- ETC anti-friction lining to reduce abrasion and heat build up with breathable air mesh
- Dual Density for rearfoot stability and impact protection
- Die Cut Ortholite sockliner
- RCF Natural last enables full foot dispersion for greatest stability with Medial/Lateral Rope Guard and multi-directional outsole splay zone
- 4mm heel to toe drop