- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
5 Best Moisturizers For Dry Skin
Skin: The First Line Of Defense
Your skin is a fascinating organ and also the largest in the body. The primary role of skin is to keep out intruders (think bugs, germs and other infections) and to also aid in cooling the body through pores. Without skin we would be a right mess and would probably not survive very long so if that doesn't give you cause to look after your skin then I'm not sure will.
Since your skin takes a battering every single day, every single minute it is worth investing in it's long term care which includes preventing sun-damage, wrinkles, nutrition, injury and the dreaded spots.
In this article you'll find tips on how to improve your skin tone, how to avoid common hair removal problems such as razor bumps and shaving rash, along with the top five moisturizers for all the different skin types.
Skin Damage From Shaving
On of the easiest ways to damage your skin is through shaving. If this beautifying activity is not done correctly then you can end up with ingrowing hairs, rashes, cuts, bumps, bruises, and dry sore skin.
The best piece of advice I can give you is to get a good razor and always do a wet shave. Make sure that you then pat your skin dry rather than rubbing it and then coat your skin in a nice layer of moisturizer.
More Tips For Improving Skin Tone
As I mentioned before your skin is the largest organ your body has and is the first line of defense for everything. Since your skin takes a beating everyday it is wise to do more than just moisturize your skin to help protect against the signs of aging and other wear and tear.
- Drink more water by following these tips. Water keeps your hydrated and the cells working properly.
- Eat a balanced diet that is full of fruits, vegetables, protein and good fats as they will provide your body with all the nutrients it needs to repair and maintain youthful skin.
- Wear to avoid excessive sun damage. sun block
- Set up a daily cleansing regime to remove pollution and dirty from your skin. Clogged pores lead to spots which then lead on to more skin problems.
- Treat dry skin with a suitable moisturizer (see above).
- Review your medications at least once a year with your doctor as certain medication or combinations can cause skin problems.
By following these tips and keeping your skin moisturized on a daily basis you will find that your skin improves making you feel great.
5 Best Moisturizers
Coconut oil is becoming increasingly popular as it is a natural oil with some amazing properties that help to rejuvenate the skin.
Being outside all day can sap skin of vital nutrients which is why this moisturizer is packed with vitamin E and B5 along with SPF 30. By applying this daily on areas exposed to the sun you will reduce your chance of sun damage, including wrinkles and sun spots.
Treating dry skin doesn't have to be expensive and this moisturizer is great for those on a budget. Cetaphil has a unique formula that helps water bind to the skin to re-hydrate and prevent further dry spells.
Related Articles and More Moisturizers
- Getting a Close Shave and How to Avoid Shaving Rash
Tips on how to avoid shaving rash, razor bumps and ingrowing hairs. I'll also share my technique on getting a close shave every time.
- Bio-oil Specialist Skincare Oil – 200 Ml | Quazen
The Bio-Oil is made from two main ingredients: natural plant oils, used for centuries to enhance the skin's condition, and vitamins, a vital element in the promotion of healthy-looking skin.
- Dry Skin When Wearing Compression Stockings
There are many things that can cause dry skin on the legs such as sun burn or a rash but wearing compression stockings are a long term issue that many of us have to deal with on a day to day basis. There are a few things to check before moving onto d