- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care»
- Acne, Pimples & Blackheads
5 Best Natural Exfoliating Scrubs for Face
Exfoliation forms an essential part of our skin care regime. Not only does it help to get rid of dead skin cells but it also makes the skin fresh and young. It helps in opening out the pores of the skin which might get clogged due to accumulation of dirt over a period of time. Thus, if exfoliation is performed at least once a week you stand a chance to suffer less from acne breakouts. There are numerous exfoliating products available in the market today but they might contain harsh chemicals
which might cause allergies and reactions to your face.
So, it is best to go for natural scrubs for face which are chemical free and also within the budget.
For most of the people, simply cleansing and moisturizing forms a part of their skin care routine and often they tend to forget about 'exfoliation' which too is important. If you are thinking that you can skip it then perhaps you are not taking a proper care of your skin which might start to appear dull and rough. The benefits of using a facial scrub is that they make you look more youthful since they help you get rid of dead skin cells. Apart from this, once your dead skin is removed the moisturizer you use tends to have a better effect on the skin.
In order to get full benefits of facial scrubs, just apply a little amount of any of the facial scrubs and gently massage on your face and neck. Make sure not to be too harsh on your face, These scrubs should be used only twice a week and not more.
There are various at home natural exfoliating scrubs for face which you can easily prepare and apply on the face to get the best results. Let’s check out some of the most effective natural exfoliating scrubs which you may apply on your face as well as on your body as well.
Popular Natural Scrubs
5 Best Natural Exfoliating Scrubs for Face
Here are 5 best facial scrubs for your face which surely you must try out.
- Baking Soda Scrub: A few might of you might sound a bit skeptical with regard to baking soda scrub but yes it is true- baking soda can be used as a scrub too for your face. The grains of baking soda can serve as a gentle exfoliant for your face.You can simply mix half a teaspoon of baking soda to your facial cleanser and spread it on your face. Massage with soft hands and leave it on the skin for a few minutes and then wash. Focus more on areas where you have dead and rough skin since it will help you get rid away of that skin. You can even use baking soda mixed with water as a face exfoliator. Rinse after 30 seconds and don't keep it for long on the face.
2. Sugar Scrub: This is perhaps one of the most popular natural scrubs being used by most of the beauty lovers. The sugar granules serve as the perfect exfoliators for your face. You can just mix sugar with honey and apply on the face. This will act as an antioxidant and prevents breakouts as well. If you want to get rid of acne scars or skin blemishes then you may mix a bit of lemon too. The sugar scrub will help to get rid of flaky skin. Apart from this they will leave your face smooth and healthy too. Sugar also has moisturising properties so once you wash your face after scrubbing you will see your skin soft and smooth.
Popular Sugar Scrubs
3. Coffee Scrub: Yeah you heard it right! I am talking about your favourite- coffee. Amazed? Well, let me tell, that coffee too can be used a natural scrub for your face. The caffeic acid present in coffee has anti inflammatory properties which can even boost the production of collagen. What you need to do to make a coffee scrub? You simply need 1 teaspoon of ground coffee and mix it with either rose water or olive oil. (Note: use olive oil if you have very dry skin or else stay with rose water). Apply on the face and neck, massage for few minutes and then wash off. You would be surprised to know that caffeine also helps in skin tightening and has anti aging properties also. It is also said to be good for those with sensitive skin because it helps to soothe skin irritation and redness too.
4. Oatmeal Scrub: Oatmeal tends to be used as a natural skin whitener. However, if you use oatmeal as a scrub it is all the more good. It makes your skin feel rejuvenated and refreshed by removing all the impurities. Just mix oatmeal with water or milk and massage gently on the face. The best aspect is that it is ideal for those with sensitive skin too. Oatmeal has moisturising properties and thus it helps to cleanse your skin and make it soft and shiny too. Oatmeal also has healing properties so if you suffer from acne or eczema and are wondering which scrub will be good for you, you need to go with oatmeal scrub.
Popular Oatmeal Scrubs
5. Cucumber Scrub: Cucumber is one of the best when it comes to natural face masks for glowing skin, but let me tell you, you can even use it as a scrub to get more benefits. In order to make cucumber scrub, you need to take a few cucumber pieces and grind them to a fine paste. Next mix little bit of honey and almond oil to it. Also, add 1 tbsp of wheat germ. Apply it on the face and scrub for around five minutes. Since it has cucumber it will make your face soft and cool and add a glow to it, owing to honey presence it will prevent future breakouts and bring radiance. It is good for those with oily skin.
Worth Buying Scrubs
How to Use Facial Scrubs
You'll Love It
Do you use Facial Scrubs as part of your skin care regime?
Hope you find this article useful and worth sharing, so please do spread your love with tweet and pins. On a personal note, I would really be happy if you do share what natural exfoliating products do you apply on your face and whether they have been useful or not, would love to hear from you all.