5 Fashion Tricks To Make You Look Taller
If you are having a short height, it's normal to have a little insecurity and you wish you could be taller. Luckily, by a little tweak to your cupboard can do wonders. By doing little modification in your day to day style like that of hairs, clothing, footwear and handbags you can make your self look taller and obviously confident. You may not know that many of the celebrities fall under the height of 5'4", but they know how to add a few inches with clever fashion tricks.
Here I have compiled a few of the fashion tricks to make you look taller and confident.
1. Choose the right size of the handbag
If you like the right spaced, big handbags, then I am sorry, that you have to dispose it off to make you look taller. Always try to choose a smaller size handbags for you. If you want to look both stylish and taller at the same time, then try to opt for smaller sized handbags or the sling ones. Try to acquire shoulder bags having an extended or long strap as they will make you look taller.
2. Pick the right footwear
The easiest way to look taller is, going for the high heels. If you are purchasing high heels for you, then always keep a few things in your mind.
- A neutral coloured footwear will make your legs appear longer.
- If you are wearing a long dress then the choice of footwear can either be a ballerina or a sandal types, you can choose any colour of your choice.
- While wearing any dress, if your feet are visible then try to avoid shiny and shimmery footwear. It will make you look shorter in height.
- Avoid selection of footwear that is to be wrapped above the ankle.
3. Keep the length of the skirt short
If you are short in length and loves to wear a skirt, then while choosing the one for you, always keep a close eye on the fitting and the length of the skirt. Wearing a too long or too loose skirt will make you look shorter. You will feel more confident and comfortable in a knee-length long fitting skirt. You can also wear a mini skirt with stockings to look taller. Even though if you want to wear a long skirt then make sure that it's length is below the ankle. If your skirt is a loose one then wear a tight-fitting top instead of a loose one.
4. Carefully dressed in loose-fitting clothes
Avoid wearing loose-fitting clothes having several layers. Even though, if you want to wear such type of clothes then take special care of the size otherwise you will not only look smaller as well as fat also. Avoid layering of heavy clothing at the same time. If you want to wear an overcoat, then wear it with tight fitted jeans and boots with high heels. So, even if you want to wear loose-fitting clothes, just make sure it at least fits in at the waist.
5. Keep the length of the hair short
If your height is short, then you will look much shorter by pursuing long hairs. So it's better to keep your hair short to make yourself look taller. If the length of the hair is above the neck, then you will look much taller. Bob cut or short step cut will look promising on you as a hairstyle. And if you love your hairs and do not want to cut, then make an effort to keep them tied instead of holding them open. Short haircuts can work like magic in forging an illusion to make yourself taller. When we look for fractions, it is quite important to make sure that your hair doesn't look either bulky or skimpy for your structure. So it is relatively crucial to select your hair length wisely.
Do not ignore these things as well
- Make sure that both the pant and the top are not loose-fitting.
- Choose the colours of the clothes wisely and carefully. Avoid choosing large print clothes on solid colour. Take special care at the time of choosing jumpsuits etc. Colourful clothes do not look good on short lengthed people.
- Instead of choosing horizontal lined apparels, try to opt for vertical lined clothes.
- Avoid wearing broad sized belt at the waist, as it will make you look much shorter.