- Fashion and Beauty»
5 Interesting Facts About Rings
1) The custom of giving engagement rings began during the Ancient Egyptian period. It was worn traditionally on the fourth finger of the left hand, as the Ancient Egyptians believed that it had a vein which led straight to the heart. Even the Romans believed that the vena amoris, or the vein of love was located there. The first ever documented evidence of engagement rings is from the 15th century! The Archduke Maximilian of Austria offered Mary of Burgundy a stunning gold diamond ring to show his love and commitment to her back then.
2) In the past, engagement rings were given as a symbol of financial commitment. Men gave rings to women to show that they could support them financially. They even gave the ring along with a purse of gold coins to flaunt their monetary prowess.
3) When it comes to the most frequently chosen style of engagement rings, it is the round-cut brilliant diamond ring, closely followed by a princess cut. The most popular metals in engagement rings are white gold and platinum.
4) In the past, choosing the ring was a task meant for the man. He was supposed to know his soon-to-be bride well enough to buy a ring that she would like without her presence. In addition, the mystery involved in the whole process of buying a ring was something women seemed to enjoy. Today, women are much more involved and typically help to influence the purchase decision.
5) The general assumption is that all nations wear the engagement ring the same way. This is not at all true. The people from the United States, UK, Canada, and France wear the ring on the left hand while those from India, Germany, and Russia wear it on the right hand.
These were some facts about engagement rings that we hope you enjoyed! We all know that buying an engagement ring is an exciting time for any couple. It is a great step and can come with a certain degree of uncertainty, stress, worry, and anxiety. There is a lot to consider when it comes to finding the perfect ring for your significant other. But with the availability of diamond rings online and gold rings online, shopping for rings can be painless and enjoyable. So, what are you waiting for?
She dons many hats, that of a lifestyle blogger, wife and mom. A fashion lover and style influencer, she thrives on writing, like contributing feature articles for Samuels Jewelers on topics such as Gold Rings for Women and diamond jewelry, fashion earrings, the latest happenings and trends. She also loves indulging in activities like yoga, cycling, and swimming.