- Fashion and Beauty
5 Main Causes of Acne Breakouts and Pimples
Proper cleansing is important. Check out best cleansing products for your skin
Many people wonder what causes acne breakouts and what causes pimples. Speaking generally, pimples are caused by blockage of the sebaceous glands of the skin. When blocked pore interacts with oxygen, whiteheads or blackheads appear. When infection gets into the clogged pores, the inflammation starts and we see it in a from of a pimple.
The most usual place for acne breakouts is face, especially forehead, wings of the nose and chin, breakouts are also common on shoulders, chest and upper back. It is caused by the fact that these zones have most sebaceous glands and the closer they are to skin, the higher the risk of inflammation.
Here are 5 main causes of acne breakouts and pimples:
- Pimples often appear during puberty because of unusual hormone activity. Because of that, the activity of sebaceous glands increases and pores may be come clogged by sebum. It creates a "cork" which is prone to inflammation.
- Another reason for pimples and acne breakouts may be unhealthy nutrition. Breakouts can appear because of the allergies to certain products or excessive use of unhealthy food. Sugar, fat, spicy and flour products, alcohol, caffeine, - all that contributes to acne and breakouts.
- Acne breakouts also can happen because of stress. During stress sebaceous glands work harder which causes clogged pores.
- Sometimes the reason for acne can also be sun. For some people, it can be healing - pimples dry and skin looks healthier, but for others, it can be the opposite. Anyway, skin should be protected by sunscreen. It will protect from dryness, burns and early aging.
- Lack of care (or wrong care) of skin is another widespread reason for breakouts. The skin should be cleansed daily, in the morning and in the evening. During the day, the skin accumulates a lot of bacteria and dust. Without proper care and cleansing, the pores become clogged by all this stuff. This causes the inflammation of the skin and breakouts.