- Fashion and Beauty
6 Simple Ways to Treat Sunburn Naturally
While sunlight is quintessential for a healthy skin, excess sun exposure can sometimes cause severe sunburn leading to irritable rashes and redness of the skin, which can also be painful. So, what should you do when you find yourself struggling with a nasty sunburn? I say head to your kitchen. Below are some easily available things in your kitchen that'll help you treat sunburn naturally.
1. Vitamin C: Vitamin C has antioxidant properties that help counter any free radical cell damage caused to the skin due to excess sun exposure. Make sure you include fruits and veggies rich in Vitamin C in your diet, like orange, tomato etc. Applying freshly squeezed tomato juice on the affected area helps lessen the redness and stinging.
2. Potato: Slice up a potato and apply directly on the sunburnt skin. It helps to reduce the inflammation and also soothes the skin.
3. Milk: Take out some chilled milk from your refrigerator and apply on the affected area with the help of a cotton ball. The coolness of the milk will reduce the inflammation of the skin and help it to heal.
4. Aloe Vera: Aloe is known for its fantastic and amazing medicinal properties. It is one of the best remedies not only for sunburnt skin but also for various ailments of digestive system. Cut some fresh Aloe and let it stand for some time to let the yellowish liquid flow out. We DO NOT want to use the yellowish liquid as it is harmful. Peel off the outer skin and take out the gel. Apply some of it on the affected area. You could also grind the Aloe gel to make juice, which taken regularly results in a healthy and radiant skin.
5. Yogurt: Yogurt has high contents of lactic acid, which nourishes the skin. Apply plain, unsweetened yogurt directly on to the affected area to get fast results.
6. Cucumber: Cucumber is known for its cooling affect. which help sooth the scorched skin. Apply cucumber juice with a cotton ball or put some slices directly on the burnt skin for relief from pain and redness .