- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care
9 Foods to Eat or Drink for Less Acne
While the cause for acne is still relatively unknown, there are cures that have helped many people battle this problem. One of the solutions to this annoying problem is curing the acne from the inside out. What we put into our body directly shows on the outside, especially our face. Here is a list of ideal foods to eat and drink for a significant difference in skin appearance.
Foods to Eat and Drink
1. Avocados: These are a great source of Vitamin E, which is an amazing skin protectant. Vitamin E also helps fight against free radicals.
2. Honey: Honey is not only great tasting, but also a great skin moisturizer if ingested. Just don't overdo it; Honey has a lot of sugar in it.
3. Cinnamon: This spice can be a great anti-inflammatory. The less swelling the skin has, the less noticeable acne is. It really helps with rosacea, as well.
4. Salmon: The large quantity of Omega 3 Fatty Acids in salmon are great for reducing acne. Most other seafood also have Omega 3 Fatty Acids, just not in as large quantities as salmon.
5. Apples: Apples are full of antioxidants which significantly improve skin texture and, therefore, skin breakouts.
6. Lemons: The juice of lemons is antibacterial. This means lemons can help fight acne that is being caused by infections.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar: ACV has been known to clear out internal organs and cleanse the body of unnecessary bacteria. This internal health shows through with clearer skin. But be warned, taking ACV straight is unpleasant.
8. Green Tea: Drinking green tea makes your body all-around healthier. It also reduces inflammation in the skin.
9. Water: Lots of it! The more water you drink, the brighter your skin will appear. Water also helps prevent wrinkles.
How to Take These Foods
A lot of these foods can be mixed or used with one another to double or triple the power of acne prevention. Here's a few ideas:
- Green tea with cinnamon
- Water with lemon
- Apples dipped in honey
- Guacamole dip with avocados and lemon juice
-Salmon with a honey dip
- Avocado shake with some honey in it
The possibilities are endless. Have fun inventing some new recipes :)
These foods aren't just for eating or drinking. Some are also beneficial for putting directly on the problem area. Avocados, honey, cinnamon, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar can all be added to face masks to increase effectiveness. Or try and invent your own face mask and see what works best for you.
Foods NOT to Eat or Drink
- Alcohol: That warm feeling you get from drinking also translates to red skin which just increases noticeability of acne.
- Dairy: Dairy has hormones in it which can increase both acne and inflammation. Try substituting milk with other dairy free options (For more info on eating dairy free for acne, click here).
- Spicy food: Any food that will make you feel a little warm while eating, also irritates your skin a bit.