A Woman's Guide To The World Of Hair Extensions
Gone Are The Days Where Dreadlocks Were The Only Option
Who Is Wearing Hair Extensions?
- The answer is simply, just about all women from all walks of life . From everyday people like you and I all the way up the scale to the beautiful people in the acting and modeling world. Hair extensions are now so wonderfully done that it is almost impossible to know who is wearing them, the look is 100% natural.
- Gone are the days where tufts of hair were glued on so savagely, resulting in an obvious dread lock look that we all know too well. In today's wonderful world of fashion and forever changing beauty trends, the art of extending hair has never been better or more clever. So for anyone considering having a longer fuller hair transformation here you will find all you want to know.
What Can Hair Extensions Do For You?
Not only only are hair extensions used for the obvious; that is longer looking hair , but they are fabulous at adding volume to fine hair , or adding streaks of contrasting colour to your own hair colour . These marvellous inventions are also wonderful in coming to the rescue of a disaster hair-cut until the hair grows back. With the wonderful world of extensions available today you can certainly step out in style and confidence, a great hair extension service, will be undetectable to anyone but yourself.
GO FOR COLOUR
GO FOR VOLUME
Ok Sounds All Good But How Are Hair Extensions Applied?
There are several options available which include;
1.The Clip In Hair Extensions:
- Full Set:(Temporary) Long Hair Extensions In Minutes
- These generally come in a set of three long, straight or curly wefts
with snap lock clicks attached to securely lock into place on the back
of the head. The hair is parted into sections (please refer to picture
on right) with the hair wefts attached to the underneath layer. The
existing hair is then released and swept of the top of the extensions
to produce an instant wonderful natural look. This is a great option
for special occasions, and is surprisingly cheap on the budget with a
full packet of three wefts averaging around 80 dollars . All packages come with complete instructions and are very easy to do at home. You can purchase these from cosmetic outlets and various hairdressing salons to take home and apply yourself.
- 2. Single Clip Hair Extensions : (Temporary)
- These can be purchased singularly or in packets of up to 20, it is totally up to you on what you are trying to achieve. Singular extensions generally have a comb attachment at the top of the weft that simply slides down onto the scalp anywhere you want to put them, They range in colour from natural shades to fabulous vibrant shades from everything from A to Z.
- 3. Professional Salon Hair Extensions:
- There are several methods available from hairdressers with the most commonly used the braid method. The hair is parted and sectioned with the hairdresser firstly forming a tiny cornrow braid into which the hair extensions are then sewn into.There is no gluing or bonding agents used at all to your own hair, a break through from those dreadful dread-lock days gone past.
DO THEY USE HUMAN HAIR?
- Yes, hair stylists will use for your hair extension application, 100% real human hair , so you may perm, colour. straighten, blow-dry the hair after your treatment.
- Other methods of applying hair extensions may involve the application of a bonding material to the hair, far less favourable than the above option, so it pays to do your homework carefully.
How Long Do Hair Extensions Last?
- Depending on the method used hair extensions can last anywhere from three to four months all the way up until a year or two. If going for the more natural extensions with the braided sewn method you can expect them to last anywhere from between 1-3 years. However the extensions will need to be tightened every 6-8 weeks.
- Hair extensions that are bonded to the hair with various glues. metal clamps and waxes generally need replacing every 10 to 12 weeks, a good 3 months can be expected for this hair extension method to last.. Proper care of your hair after your hair treatment will ensure they last as long as possible. Your hairdresser will suggest products designed to care for your extensions and give you a guide on how to properly care for them.
How Much Do Hair Extensions Cost?
- Hair extension applications can start anywhere from around four hundred dollars extending up to thousands. Factors with price include the particular salon, method employed and whether you are going for partial or a full head of extensions. Ask the salon for a free quote before taking a dive in, so you know exactly at what your looking at
- Don't forget the affordable option of do it yourself at home extensions. To get a look similar to either of the girls above you can expect to pay only around 80 dollars for a weft kit.
- Single strands of clip in colour can range from a few dollars upwards depending on how many you buy.
Will Hair Extensions Ruin My Hair?
- Overall hair extensions are relatively safe, but in certain instances there are things that can go wrong. The braided sewn method of applying larger wefts to the hair claim that it is the most gentlest on the hair which it certainly is, but an overly tight braid can pull on the hair resulting in hair loss temporary or permanent.
- The bonded method which attaches smaller strands of hair using glues, waxes or other adhesives can sometimes cause hair breakage or weaken the hair, sometimes leaving the hair in very poor condition when the extensions come to be removed.
- If you notice any hair loss or breakage, look straight away to having the extensions removed.If they are feeling over tight or causing you any concern at all please do not hesitate to go back to the salon immediately and report the problem to the stylist.
Step By Step Easy Instructions For Applying Hair Extensions
Secrets Of Salon Extensions
Take The Hair Trivia Testview quiz statistics
More From This Author
- The World's Most Amazing Women
Some bizarre, some amazing, they all have one thing in common. These women are World Record holders for their own unique category. These particular female record holders caught the attention of my eye, as I am sure they will do with you
- A Woman's Guide To Finding Self-Esteem
Remember there is always some-one to love you for who you are, you don't have to mould yourself to some-one's ideal. If you believe in yourself then those around you will believe in you too.
- How To Subtract Ten Years Off Your Age
...This article is derived from my studies as a beautician,makeup artist and hairdresser. ... 'If all else fails find yourself a younger man bound to make you look years younger and more desirable.'
- The Sexiest Woman's Boots In The World
In the world of a woman dwells two of the most sexiest styles of boots. They are the sexy knee-high style boot and without exception the wicked thigh-high variety. Knee high boots appeared in the fashion...
- Oh My What Dress Will I Wear
A look at the changing face of fashion all the way back to the man eating Cleopatra to the current era, where as we all know anything goes.
- The Bikini Or The One-Piece You Decide
How often have I heard a man say that leaving a little to the imagination is far sexier than showing it all? Much to my amazement I have also heard many a man say that a one- piece swimsuit is far more sexier...Now it is time to vote.
- Hubber's Celebrity Look-A -Likes
Ever thought you resembled someone famous. When you look at that handsome, rugged clean-shaved face in the mirror do you see a Clint Eastwood staring back at you?
- Blondes Have More Fun
BLONDES A FASCINATION 'Sexy,beautiful,dizzy,natural,bleached,dotty,captivating,bleached,wonderful,crazy sensual, alluring.' Come celebrate with me today into the extraordinary, happy yet sometimes tragic life...
- A Bizarre World Of Shoes
.After viewing the shoes that I now most humbly present for your viewing, you will realise that your old red platform numbers you now look upon with distaste, are so much more normal in comparison to these unearthly specimens