All-Natural Facial & Body Moisturizer
What We're Making
Today we are going to teach you how to make a fantastic all-natural moisturizer. You will never use another chemical-laden lotion or body butter again. You probably already know that coconut oil is absolutely great to eat; it's good for your body because it's antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and has lots of good fats. You might not know it's excellent for your skin, too. In fact, it's one of the best moisturizers there are. You can use it plain right out of the jar. For this recipe, though, we are going to add a few things to make it even better. You're going to want to use organic ingredients here if you possibly can.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 8 drops geranium essential oil
- 5 drops rose essential oil
- 5 drops texas cedarwood essential oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax beads
What To Do:
- Melt all the ingredients together except the essential oils, gradually increasing heat to medium and stirring constantly making sure all the ingredients are melted together.
- Remove the ingredients from the heat and let cool until warm, not hot. Add the essential oils and stir well.
- Put the mixture in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until it's hardened slightly. This is very important, because the coconut oil will not whip up if it's too soft.
- Use a mixer and whip for about 10 minutes or until it's nice and fluffy.
- Put in a jar or container of your choice and place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to set. Use the same way you would use lotion or body butter.
What You Get
A soft, luxurious moisturizer you can use on your face or body. It's not greasy or heavy and it smells fantastic. If your house gets really warm, it may melt a little and should be stored in a cool, dark place to preserve the healing properties of the essential oils.