Animal Print Fashion
The lure of animal print
Animal print has been around for ages. It began becoming popular in the 80's and seems to have not lost it's appeal. In the beginning many thought of the print as being trashy or cheap looking because of its association with skimpy and skin tight styles. It has evolved into a classy, desirable fashion choice.
Pick up any magazine and you are likely to see a star wearing or carrying an accessory in animal print. Angelina Jolie has had photos of her wearing a beautiful, stylish faux animal skin coat. Victoria Beckham and Sarah Jessica Parker both have been seen about town carrying an animal print purse. There are even photos of stars wearing beautiful gowns on the red carpet in an animal print, for example: Eva Mendes. Animal print has morphed into a desirable style choice.
One of the reasons for the popularity can be attributed to the diversity of the animal print. It comes in a varieety of pints and colors. For example, leopard, cheetah, zebra and tiger seem to be the most popular. The colors are natural and fabulous and natural, they look good on everyone. Designers have also been doing the prints in bright and pastel colors. There is something for every one. You also see the prints in everything from lingerie to coats, from compact cases to bedspreads. There are so many ways you can use an animal print.
It is said that men like the animal prints because t makes them feel macho. Children like them simply because they like animal and love the feeling of wearing them and being close to them. Women like them because they make them feel cool, different and wild. They use them to reflect their version of their own personality adding charm, romance and confidence. Whatever the reason for wearing them, they are fun.
Do's and Don't of wearing animal prints
- DO keep it simple. Avoid mixing different prints together.
- DON'T overdo it. Try the subtle look. Use one or two pieces with an animal print. Try not to wear a shirt, shirt, shoes, and purse all in animal print it becomes overpowering. You want people to notice the overall effect as a stylish outfit and look at it and no know what to think.
- DO use neutral colors with animal prints, something that will blend with the color in the print. Avaoid wearing bright or loud colors with your print of choice. Let the print speak for itself.
- DON"T choose one of the prints they are making in bright colors. Try to stay with the natural color of the animal. Many people think of the bright artifical prints as garrish and cheap looking.
- DO try to keep your accessories simple. In other words, don't overload your outfit with animal print accessories. Try to keep it to a couple of carefully chosen accessories. Using a couple of animal print accessories such as a purse, scarf, shoes, hat or belt is a great way of incorporating animal print into your style in a subtle way.
- DON'T wear animal print in or on an area that you don't want to draw attention to. If you have big hips it's probably not a good idea to wear an animal print skirt or pair of pants. Or for big busted women its a good idea to stay away from leopard print tops.
Where to buy animal print clothing and accessories on line
I love this website. They have the most interesting and versitile animal print clothing and accessory choices. They offer coats, jackets, purses, shoes, jewelry, lingerie, furniture, pillows , pet apparel, pet beds, compact mirrors, jewelry boxes and many, mnay other choices. They have adutl and children sizes. The childrens selection is adaorable.
This website has a great variety of leopard, cheetah, tiger and zebra prints. They offer a very diversified selection of shoes, shirts, hats, pants, lingerie, skirts, stoles, muffs, hair accessories, jewelry, coats, jackets, dresses, swimsuits, tops and more. There is absolutely something for everyone at this website.
At this website you will find a tremendous selection of brand names. The brand names I saw on this website encompass the most popular sought out brands. They include: Banana Republic, DKNY, Forever 21, Jump, Shoshanna, and Xilaration, just to name a few. The prices on this website range from $0-25 to up to $5000. They offer dresses, jewelry, maternity, outerwear, petites, plus sizes, skirts, swimwear, teens, tops, bags, shoes, and kids and more. The kids brand include: Babies R Us, Carters, Bibi Kids, Gap, Gerber, Gymboree, Janie and Jack, Joie, Lamaze, Lilly Pulitzer, Little Me, Pottery Barn Kids. The prices go from $0-25 to $150.
This webite has a nice selection of animal print items including: dresses, shoes, purses, pants and skirt suits, coats and lingerie.
"No one in the world needs a mink coat but a mink."— Murray Banks
- How to Wear Animal Print
Helpful tips to incorporate animal prints into your every-day wardrobe. Animal prints, like any busy prints can be tricky to wear, but dont shy away! When fashionably added to any style, it can add a boldness, or a little something extra to every...
- Gifts for Animal Print Lovers
I am an animal print lover, I love clothes, shoes, purses, pyjamas or sleepers with these beautiful prints. I do not approve the use of animal fur to create expensive coats when you can just imitate them. That is the reason I´m writing this...
- Rawr! Sexy Primal Animal Print Lingerie For Men and ...
Some people might consider animal prints to be tacky or trashy, but those people have never experienced the true power of wearing lingerie that looks like you're wearing animal skins without the hassle of chasing, catching, killing, skinning and...
- Animal Print Kitchen Ideas and Accessories
Give a unique gift to your animal lover friend: cheetah print plates, zebra print cocktail shakers, and jaguar print coasters. Or make something yourself using animal print fabric!
- How to Make Leopard Cheetah Animal Print Designs on ...
How to easily make Leopard / Cheetah Animal Print Nail Designs without going to a salon!