- Fashion and Beauty
Frownies, an Anti-Aging Product That Really Does Work
I was excited to try these little patches of paper in a particular area of my face that really bothers me. It is the 11 between my brows. Aging is inevitable and I completely accept that, but these two lines make my face show false emotions and I do not like this at all. I am a happy, easy-going person, but these lines make me appear worried or even angry and they seem to get worse by the minute. So I decided to give these little Frownie patches a try. And they actually worked!
They are not permanent of course, but they provide several hours of smooth skin between my brows which is more than I could have hoped for. They also seem to give longer lasting results, the more that I use them. Just maybe, the smooth skin will stay even longer through continued use.
An Old Remedy
Even though I just learned about Frownies several months ago, this product has been around for decades. I was very surprised that I had never heard of them. There are several videos about how to use Frownies available to watch. In my opinion, the best one is below. Watch the video below to see just how these Frownies are used. I have also included an advertising video for Frownies because I think it helps in understanding how Frownies are designed to work.
Tips for Best Use of Frownies
A few tips and suggestions before you purchase and use Frownies:
- The package contains 144 pieces so they can last more than a few months if used every night. They should be stored so that moisture cannot get to them.
- I place one in between my brows almost every single night. If we have company or I fall asleep early, I might miss a night once in a while.
- I moisten the Frownie with a little bit of water on my fingertip usually. I have tried using Vitamin C serum as a moistener and that works really well too. It does need to be applied immediately after moistening as it will dry out quickly and not stick as well if not applied right away.
- Once in place, I firmly press it down for about 5 seconds. Applying a Frownie literally takes less than 30 seconds!
- I put it on right before I go to bed, after washing my face and applying night cream. Sometimes I just wash my face and put the Frownie on with no night cream too!
- In the morning, I take it off right before putting makeup on. It is usually between 7-8am. It will come off very easily with a damp cloth but I just rip it off. It doesn't hurt at all.
- In the video, it is suggested that medical tape will work as well. I have tried it and I don't feel that it provides the same results. It is not as firm as the Frownies and doesn't stay put. It completely came off my face during the night when I tried it.
- The Frownies come in a little clear plastic bag inside a small box. I take out 4 at a time to use over a 4 day period. I put the rest of them back in the bag so that they will not get ruined by moisture.
- The Frownies have to be separated by tearing them apart on a perforated line. This is easily done by folding the Frownie backward and then forward before ripping it. They can always be cut apart if this is easier for you.
- The Frownies are cheap and really easy to use. They are also tan in color and don't stand out at all, so you can wear them around the house without feeling uncomfortable.
I always read multiple reviews before buying a product. Frownies has a mixture of rave reviews and complete fails. Given that my wrinkles are not deeply set but very clearly noticeable, I felt that I should give them a try. They do give positive results in my case, at least between the brows. When I remove the Frownie, my skin is perfectly smooth. I begin to notice the wrinkles slightly after a few hours. But, since using the Frownies, the 11 lines appear much less pronounced even in the evening. I have not tried them around the eyes and mouth as I am less concerned about those areas. In order to achieve success, I think you have to apply them correctly, wear them at night for several hours, and use a good moisturizer. I have noticed that I am more aware of the squinting motion that causes the 11 lines throughout the day. Even though the Frownie is not in place, it feels like it is. I think this awareness prevents me from making the motion that causes the wrinkles thus preventing the 11 lines from worsening.
According to the manufacturer:
- Frownies are a simple method to reverse deep expression lines Frownies repair wrinkle-damaged skin without dangers of injections or toxic chemicals.
- Dramatically reduce lines and wrinkles safely and naturally.
- Trains the underlying facial muscles to regain the strength and tone they have lost.
- Use daily or nightly; leave on for a minimum of three hours.
According to one user, greenmom on March 13, 2015, "I've been using them for yrs & I am now in my 60's with no lines between brows! I believe that they also train your muscles there to relax so that when you're not wearing them, you don't tend to furrow your forehead as much (at least that as been my experience. "