Apple Cider Vinegar for skin and hair
What is apple cider vinegar (ACV)?
Vinegar's are best known for salad dressings, pickles, disinfectants etc. There are so many other health and beauty benefits of vinegar that are recently known. Apple cider vinegar is make from the fermentation process of raw apples. The sugars are broken down by bacteria and yeast to form alcohol. Further fermentation makes it a vinegar. It can be found at any grocery store.
How to use ACV?
Apple cider in itself is very potent and should not be used without dilution. To prepare an ACV rinse, combine 1 part of ACV and 3-4 parts of water. It can be used as a hair rinse for smooth, soft and shiny hair. Bath soak, skin toner, face wash for clear, smooth and firmer skin. I personally don't like the vinegary smell ACV leaves behind on my skin and hair, but that goes away after a while when the skin and hair dries.
Benefits of ACV:
- Its acidic property reduces redness from an acne thereby healing it. Acidity of \ ACV helps to remove deposits on the skin and killing bacteria on the skin thereby reducing the acne, cleaning the pores and getting rid of the dead skin cells.
- It also heals warts.
- Reduces dandruff. Apply ACV rinse to the scalp and keep it for a minute or two then rinse your hair with water.
- Makes hair smooth and shiny by removing deposits on the hair. Use the ACV rinse after shampooing and conditioning your hair, keep it for 1 minute and then rinse your hair with water.
- ACV also has weight loss benefits. It lowers the blood glucose levels and helps in weight loss. It speeds up your metabolism by breaking the fats easily. However, you should not drink ACV regularly because it is also known to erode the enamel of your teeth.
ACV is also known to help in other health related issues. I am no doctor so please consult your physician before trying ACV for these benefits:
- Helps in Nasal congestion and sore throat
- Helps Diabetic, heart and Cancer related issues