- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care»
- Acne, Pimples & Blackheads
Aspirin Face Mask Recipe – Aspirin Face Mask for Acne - Exfoliant Recipe
The Aspirin face mask is a relatively new ‘invention’ in the world of homemade beauty treatments and is an ideal mask for acne treatment or management but can be also used an effective homemade face scrub/exfoliator. Talk about cheerful and cheap while killing two birds with one stone!
The two ingredients are essentially Aspirin, obviously, and slightly diluted Honey, but the honey can be substituted with AloeVera gel or just water if you like.
Aspirin Face Mask for Acne – How does it work?
The beloved Aspirin’s active ingredient is called Acetylsalicylic Acid which is a slightly altered form of the well known Salicylic Acid that is used all throughout the beauty industry and found in most Anti-Acne or Spot treatments.
Salicylic Acid is:
- A bacteriocide, which kills bacteria on your skin and in pores,
- It also has keratolytic actions were it causes the outer surface of the skin to shed
- It’s also a comedolytic were it helps restrict pore size.
The Acetylsalicylic Acid present in the Aspirin may not be as effective as Salicylic acid due to the Acetyl functional group that has been added onto the Salicylic Acid molecule, but still remains effective and it is definitely the next best thing.
Other than the skin benefits mentioned above, the crushed Aspirin acts as:
- A skin exfoliant, so helps in removing dead skin cells
- It unblocks pores
- Improves skin tone and elasticity
- helps to even out skin surface.
Honey has natural antibacterial qualities so will also help fight bacteria and is ideal in the anti-acne face mask.
Aspirin Face Mask Recipe:
- 4 Powdered Aspirin tablets (Use pestle and mortar)
- 3 Teaspoons of Honey + 1 Teaspoon of Water (optional, AloeVera gel or just Water)
Method for Aspirin Face Mask:
- Crush the Aspirin tablets to a fine powder or to a consistency you wish to use on your face. For Acne sufferers crush the Aspirin to a fine powder as to not aggregate your sensitive skin.
- Mix the Honey and Water in a bowl and to this add the crushed Aspirin, mix well.
Directions for Aspirin Face Mask:
- Wet face slightly with warm water to open pores and in circular motions rub your homemade face mask/ face scrub into your skin. Concentrate on the problematic spot and acne prone T zone area, the forehead and around nose.
- Leave mask on face for about 10 minutes and wash off using warm water followed by cold water to close pores.
Another Useful Hub!
Things to note when using the Aspirin Face Mask
- Always use Aspirin face mask immediately as the Aspirin may lose its exfoliant benefits and the Acetylsalicylic acid may also lose functionality.
- A tingling sensation is normally felt which is completely normal and is just resultant from the Acetylsalicylic Acid. This sensation may fade away after a few minutes.
- If the tingling sensation is too intense, which it never is, wash mask off face immediately and use less Aspirin in your Aspirin face mask the next time.