Back to school: Beauty Bag essentials.
School is an educational institution which may or may not allow you to take care of yourself in makeup matters. but you should know what beauty products to always keep with you because they are a necessity, not a cover of your skin in colors.
The list of things you need in your beauty bag are:
- Wet wipes – these one are a must, whether you want to clean your hands of something sticky, clean your face, remove any stains, or just use them as a refresher in those hot summer days.
- Dry wipes – are also a must. Don’t make me list what do you need them for!
- Hand creams – you need to moisturize your skin, especially if you have dry skin like mine, which in these cold months that are coming, will break and hurt. You can use hand cream for your face too, but only if you feel like you need to. Hand cream is too strong for face skin that needs something more delicate. You can use it but rarely, only if your face skin needs it, or when it feels like the cold will scratch it. Otherwise, if you like to put more moisturizer on your skin, have some face cream with you.
- Lip balm – well girls and boys too, I cannot stress this enough but lip balm is a MUST MUST MUST. You can always calm a broken skin on your hands by the cold, but those lips hurt like hell, and look too bad, not to mention you cannot eat sometimes because they will break more. If you are not allowed to color your lips girls, you should use no colored lip balm or some in light pink or nude.
- Nail file – a broken nail hurts psychologically and physically as well. You will never know when you may need a file so be sure to always have one with you wherever you are.
- Hand sanitizer – you may think of the wet wipes and ask why you should have a hand sanitizer too? Because the wet wipes are to wipe things off. For example if you eat fries, they will leave your fingers oily. Hand sanitizer does not help, you will need wet wipes. And you need the sanitizer for every other time when you feel your hands sticky, smelly, or you just like the sanitizer’s aroma. Do not forget that the most bacteria is found in the school desks [even more than in the bathroom!].
- Face powder – you may carry a foundation too, maybe a light one, which will not seem like you wear a foundation at all, but you always need a powder to keep it all in place. So as long as a foundation it is not a must for you, I suggest to only have in hands a loose powder. It will hide most imperfections, it will give you a more cared-for look, and will set you oily skin in place. It works well for me, and sometimes it really helps banishing the breakouts or acne.
- Dry shampoo – let’s not forget about the hair. Why do you need a dry shampoo? You need for that time when you stepped out of the house with perfectly fine hair, but during the day it became oily because you kept touching it too much, or just because it is about time to wash it. Or for those moments after gym/sports hour.
- Deodorants and a tiny perfume bottle – no one wants to smell funny right? Do not choose a perfume that will be smelled miles away. You are at school, not out with friends. Choose a light one, maybe a flower scent one.
Know the difference your eyeliner makes. The first photo's makeup is suitable for early morning, and school time. The second one is the kind of look you can wear all day long, and during formal events/meetings. The third one is the hot makeup look, for dates or nights out.
Minimal makeup look
Regarding makeup: if it is OK for your school, you can carry an eyeliner with you. I suggest you opt for a dark blue or a dark green eyeliner, so you will not look like you tried too hard for school, and you can always save the black eyeliner wing look for a night out.
I would say that using mascara, still if you can, would even prevent the use of eyeliner. If you have mascara on, you do not necessarily need to have an eyeliner on. Wearing mascara is like wearing a full face of makeup. It is more sophisticated, and does not lead into the mess that eyeliner does.
If you are not allowed to wear mascara or eyeliner, but you still want a little definition, you can always use a clear mascara. You can keep your eyebrows in place, and you lift your eyelids with that. Win Win!
Hope you enjoyed, and let me know what do you keep in your school bag.
© 2014 Engelta