Born Pretty Store-Beauty For Less
Use coupon code JLL91 for a 10% off your purchase of anything in their online store! =D
Running low on cash but need something new?
Do you always wish you could add more colour into your look without the high price tag? Do you love experimenting with nail colour but don't want to pay the price at a nail salon? With the way the economy is it is harder to do things like shop for make up or pay to get your nails done.
Finding a Solution
Finding money to spare for frivolous items such as nail polish and eyelashes is a difficult task. If it's not something you need it's hard to convince yourself sometimes to pay upwards of $6 for a single eyeshadow, or $5 for a bottle of nail polish. Searching for substitutes sometimes leaves you wishing for a nap because it is tiresome and tedious. So I did some of the work for you. Not only can you check out my hub about Listia (posted at the bottom of this hub), but also I will tell you a few other secrets I have. Like the Born Pretty Store
Born Pretty Store
I came across this through a freebie website called Ilovefreethings.com, this website is a free site you can visit that is updated daily with all kinds of free samples and products for you to get from top name brands and other companies looking for new clients. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.
The Born Pretty Store was having a giveaway for a Hello Kitty nail stamping plate. I signed up to receive one and started browsing the site. They had tons of cute things for great prices. I ended up purchasing a set of 9 eyeshadows for about $3.42. Best part about it? Free shipping! All shipping they have is free.
The store I believe is run by Jessica Tan and she is the sweetest! When you place an order she will keep in contact with you throughout the duration until you receive your package. I have had several correspondences with her through email and when there was a glitch in the system for the nail plates she contacted me personally to let me know.
Born Pretty Store is also on eBay! There you can go see all the positive feedback and sales she has made on eBay alone. There are THOUSANDS. Their eBay also has some discounts that are not offered on the website, such as lower prices through the "Buy It Now" feature as well as bidding on items with a small shipping fee that equals less than the product on the website.
I will be showing you a few looks as well as a review on the eyeshadow I purchased. In the future I will hopefully do one on some of the nail products, as her store is mostly nail items ranging from nail polish, to acrylics, to decorations and practice tools.
Tutorial-Rainbow SherbetClick thumbnail to view full-size
Tutorial- Neutral SmokeyClick thumbnail to view full-size
How to get this look! -Leopard Print eyes!
I originally found xsparkage while looking around on Youtube. I stumbled upon a video she had done where she applied makeup very similar to this. I could not find the original link to show you so I will explain it here for you now!!
What I Used!!!
- Here is a super simple list of what I used.
- Smashbox-photo finish lid primer
- e.l.f. -the beauty encyclopedia- Eye
- charcoal, white and brown Born Pretty Eyeshadows
- Maybelline Line Stiletto in Brownish Black-liquid eyeliner
- Revlon Colorstay liquid eyeliner in Black Shimmer
- L.A. Colors eyeliner/eyebrow pencil in black
- The eyelashes and eyelash glue is available on the Born Pretty Store website and eBay
The best thing about this look? I paid less than $5 to have it! The only thing I purchased was the eyeshadow from the Born Pretty Store Website which cost less than $4 for 9 colors, and the eyelashes which are available on the Born Pretty Store WITH eyelash glue for $2 ( but I purchased mine on eBay). The eyelashes come in a set of 10, that's less than $.50 a pair! Everything else I used I actually won on Listia for FREE! All you have to do is sign up and bid on things you like. If you want to read more on how you do this, go here and read my hub about Listia!
For A Wild Night OutClick thumbnail to view full-size
xsparkage Shows you another version of this look!
- Prime your eye from lashes to eyebrow with an eyeshadow primer. This will prevent creasing and gives you a longer lasting look.
- Apply a neutral/tan shade to your eyelid just up to the crease. I used a light tan shade from the e.l.f. eye encyclopedia.
- Take the shimmery brown from the Born Pretty shades and apply it in the crease and blend up just below your brows.
- Take the charcoal shade and apply it directly in the crease and blend really well. This will add depth and just a little shading. Then take that same color and apply under lower lash line and wing it out below the brown.
- Take your white shadow and highlight just under the brows on the brow bone and in the inner corners of your eyes. Then take the same white and just above the charcoal add a white wing to make your eyes appear more cat like.
- Take any brow filler and fill in your eyebrows. I used a dark brown shadow from the e.l.f. eye encyclopedia.This gives your brows more definition and fills in any sparse areas. (which I have a lot of)
- Then you want to take a dark/medium brown eyeliner, pencil will work but I prefer liquid, and line your upper lash line. You will want to carefully wing the eyeliner just above the white shadow you placed.
- Now the fun part! Take any black liquid eyeliner you have with a fine tip and carefully draw littles "c" shapes just above your crease over the brown shadow you applied. Be creative! Make them as large or as small as you like. and space them out however you want! I varied how I placed the shapes, applying some upside down, some backward and some facing the opposite direction. Just keep going until it looks as full as you like it. You can also apply small dots to fill in empty spaces where you think it needs a little extra something.
- Take your brown eyeliner and apply some tiny dots inside of some of the little "c" shapes you drew. I prefer liquid for this application as if goes on smoother. You don't have to fill them all in, just a few random ones.
- Next, if you are going to be wearing eyelashes you can apply them now, if not just curl and use your favorite mascara.
- Lastly line your water line with your black eyeliner. I used L.A. Colors eyeliner/eyebrow pencil in black. They come in a 2 pack with a sharpener and sell for around a dollar at most dollar stores. You can "tightline" your eyes if you wish. *That is where you apply eyeliner to your UPPER waterline. * I chose not to do this as it irritates my eyes.
- Enjoy your look!!
The eyeshadow I purchased was a knock out! I loved it! The price was right and the colors were gorgeous. With this set you get enough colors to choose whatever look you can come up with. I love that these are all loose shadows as I like the way they apply better then pressed. These colors go on sheer with a great amount of sparkle, so even if you choose a bold color the sheer application gives you a little wiggle room to find where you are comfortable. If you want more color, just add more! There wasn't a ton of fallout as there shouldn't be if you take the time to apply your eyeshadow slowly and carefully. Making sure you pat the color in, instead of swiping.
Another great feature is they offer free items every once in awhile as well as have an affiliate program you can sign up for to earn a little extra on the side!
The major con I see here is that the company, based in China, has 2 week airmail. So it will take a little time to receive your items. Plan accordingly though because the price is worth it. The only issue I had was the lid on the pink was a touch loose, which could have happened in transit, so some of the pink was spilled in the package. A little damp cloth wipe down of the outside of the containers and all was well though. I'm sure not all results will be typical.
Overall I give this company 4 out of 5 hearts because at the price and quality it can't be beat. They have a great selection of nail and makeup items to choose from that are great on your wallet and are perfect for the girl who is looking for a little more but wants to spend a little less.