- Fashion and Beauty
Beauty Products: Are they really good???
Every woman tries her best to look more beautiful than others. This never ending race has given birth to the billion or rather zillion dollar business of Cosmetics. Every year hundreds of new creams, lotions or powders are launched and we without any query buy these products just on the basis of their claims.
Do you have any idea that upto what extent these cosmetics can harm us??? “NO”
So, Here I am presenting a list of harmful chemicals in cosmetic products. So, next time before buying a beauty product please be sure it does not have any of these chemicals.
- AHA: AHA stands for Alpha-Hydroxy Acids, Most of the cleansers and moisturizers contain AHA. It has an abrasive nature that can damage the top most skin layer, making the skin susceptible to UV rays by up to 50%.
- Formalin: Formalin is basically a derivative of formaldehyde. Formalin is used in beauty products, like nail hardeners. According to Researchers the fumes of formalin can cause asthma & cancer. It can also cause skin irritation and skin allergies.
- Mineral Oil: Mineral oils like petroleum are also used in some of the cosmetic products, like in petroleum jellies. As such it is not harmful but if applied on skin it can clog the pores and hence skin cannot do its job of getting rid of the body toxins.
- Lead: Lead is a very poisonous element. Among the cosmetic products lead is mostly found in the lipsticks. But according to FDA the branded cosmetic companies restrict the use of lead upto safer levels.
- SLS: SLS stands for Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. It is a common detergent found in skin cleansers and in some shampoos too. This chemical can make the skin dry and itchy, and becomes a carcinogen (substance that causes cancer) when it combines with some other common beauty product ingredients.
- Laquer: This chemical is mostly found in mascaras. With time it can use the loss of hair in the eyelashes.
- Hydroquinone: This is an efficient skin-lightening chemical. However, according to the researchers it is may cause cancer with prolonged use.
Some Other hubs by me
- When to buy : Best Buying Tips
When To Buy: Best Buying Tips Do you love shopping??? If yes then do you buy the right things at right times??? NO Actually, buying is an art. There is no sixth sense required to find a best...
- Benefits of Renting
Is Renting Good Or Bad.. Most of the time when people challenge the old traditional thinkings they are regarded as foolish. However in my opinion the old conventional thinking was only limited to the...
- Wish Happy Birthday in Different Languages
Happy Birthday Birthdays are one of the very vital occasions in ones life. Whether it's your birthday or the birthday of someone close to you, its always an event that becomes the reservoir of joyful...
- Improve Your Spoken English
English Speaking It is said that English is the window to the world. It is a global language. In todays society the people who cant speak English fluently are looked down upon by the people. Also the...