Beautiful Feet from Scratch
Majority of us (men and women) are unaware that beautiful feet are attractive. This is why we see a wide range of foot care solutions from essential oils to milk lotions. I hope you enjoyed my tips on how to get clean and healthy feet, now let me share the best tips to make them bright and beautiful.
Scrubbing and soaking the feet in essential oil will make them bright and beautiful. Essential oils provide your feet the soothing, cooling, softening, and uplifting effects to relax them and make you feel good. All you need is a bowl of warm water with drops of the oil.
If you really want easy and beautiful feet, think about how much care you are willing to give them. Here are some of my collected homemade foot spa recipes that you too can make at home. Don't worry, you'll use only ingredients available. Let's make beautiful feet from scratch.
Foot Soak Recipes
- Put 1/2 cup of rock salt on almost a half pan of hot water. Dissolve the salt. When the water is cool enough to handle, soak your feet. Feel the healing wonders of salt to tired and swollen feet and ankles.
- Mix 1/2 of a fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive or your kitchen oil and 1/4 cup of milk to 1/2 cup of water then soak your feet. The simple blend of lemon, oil and milk is enough to make a difference.
- Pour 1/2 to 1 cup of mashed fresh avocado to a half-pan of water. Mix a few drops of olive oil, and soak your feet. The moisturizing effect of avocado and olive oil helps soften cracked heels and dry skin.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of powdered milk (this time leftover milk can be very useful) and 3 tablespoons of olive oil into warm water and soak feet for 20 minutes. The lactic acid in the milk combined with oil will help soften dry dead skin and leave you baby soft and smooth feet.
Note: If you don't have olive oil, use any unused kitchen oil.
Foot Scrub Recipes
Foot Scrub Recipes
- If you are growing aloe vera, make a foot scrub by adding two tablespoons of its clear paste-like flesh to 1/4 cup of oatmeal, 1/4 tablespoon rock salt, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and 2 tablespoons water. Mix thoroughly to form paste. The salt and oatmeal will get rid of rough skin while aloe and olive will work as moisturizers.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 2-3 tablespoons of lotion and 1 tablespoon of water, then gently massage the mixture on your feet for a few minutes. The sugar granules make a fantastic skin exfoliator. Concentrate on the heels, but do this gently so you don't irritate the skin.
- Mix equal parts of sugar and olive oil then scrub on your feet. You can even use salt in place of sugar. The crystals along with oil will work to eliminate hard and rough skin, particularly on the heel area. You can leave the mixture on your skin for a few minutes more before rinsing.
For best results, leave the mixture on your feet for a few minutes after applying. This softens the skin particularly on the heel region and scrubbing would me much easier. Always scrub with care to prevent irritation.
You can also try petroleum jelly before bed, or some moisturizers labeled as Vitamin E enhanced. Rubbing coconut oil on damp feet is an effective skin softener. Even your kitchen vegetable oil can do wonders to feet that needs deep refreshing.
You'll love this note: The top most secret to beautiful feet it to keep them dry.
If you want to go botanicals
A serious, but gentle foot cream that almost magically helps to heal and soften feet. Scented with Kiran Forest, an intoxicating blend of fresh, green botanicals.
Underestimating Corns and Calluses
Corns are caused by friction from the toes rubbing together or against the shoe. Calluses, however, develop on the ball or heel of the foot. One of the factors? Poorly fitting shoes.
Because corns and calluses make the feet look dull and unhealthy, many people trim them with a razor blade or other sharp tool. This can cause infection and cut resulting to excessive bleeding or injury to the toe or foot. Over the counter medications commonly contain salicylic acid, which may cause irritation, burns, or infections that are more serious than the corn or callus.
Remove them with care.... treat them naturally.
Try and Find Out
A revolutionary foot care device that effectively and safely removes the toughest callus and dried skin on your foot. Uses rotational force to quickly and effortlessly penetrate callus and restore your foot back to normal.
More Tips You'll Love
- 13 Wonderful Ways to Use Epsom Salts
Epsom Salts and Your Skin