- Fashion and Beauty»
Benefits of Wearing Navaratna (9 Stones) Jewelry and how to wear it the right way
Wearing Navaratna Jewelry
Navaratna Jewelry is getting more attention these days because of its stylish looks and astrological benefits. If wearing astrological remedies, one can wear gemstone jewelry based their zodiac or horoscope, or wear a Navaratna or Navagraha jewelry which encompasses nine stones that represent the nine planets.
Navaratna refers to the nine gemstones related to the nine planets used in Vedic astrology. The word "nava" means nine and "ratna" means gem in the Sanskrit language. Navaratnas are considered auspicious and believed to bring good health to whoever wears it. It symbolizes health, prosperity, happiness and peace of mind. Also, it wards off negative energies and effects from planets, while strengthens the positive influences of the gems.
Navaratna ornaments can come in the form of necklaces, rings, bracelets, anklets, pendants, bangles, armlets, and other trinkets. These are all extremely popular.
Precious Gemstones for the Nine Planets
Here are the gemstones and their planetary representations:
- Ruby (Manikkam or Manek): Sun
- Pearl (Moti): Moon
- Red coral (Moonga): Mars
- Emerald (Marakatam or Panna): Mercury
- Yellow sapphire (Pukharaj): Jupiter
- Diamond (Heera or Vairam): Venus
- Blue sapphire (Neelam): Saturn
- Hessonite (Gomedh): Rahu, the ascending lunar node
- Cat's eye (Vaiduryam): Ketu, the descending lunar node
It is a also known fact that while the planets' positions keep on changing, so does the dasa and mahadasas of the planets. According to astrology, any harmful or negative energies of the planets can be balanced by the positive and beneficial effects of the planets when wearing Navaratna jewelry.
How to Wear Navaratna Jewelry
- Navaratna ornaments can be worn by anyone and doesn't have any negative effects. It suits everyone, regardless of their zodiac sign, and can be worn even without the recommendation from an astrologer.
- The pieces you choose should preferably be made of gold or silver. These types of ornaments are believed to act as a protective shied against various diseases and danger.
- When only one astrological gemstone is worn, it tends to focus only on a particular planet or a specific problem. However when navaratnas are worn, it carries the benefits of all nine planetary gemstones simultaneously.
- The jewelry can be made with precious gems or semi-precious stones. According to Sri Garuda Purana, when buying navaratnas or any gem really, one has to ensure that the stones being used in the ornament are flawless.
- It is also advisable to wear the ornament after cleaning and charging with Navagraha mantras. One can wear the jewelry before sunrise or any auspicious day at a temple.
- To wear the rings the correct way, wear the blue sapphire gem (representing Saturn) pointing towards the body and on the ring finger. Women can wear the ring on the left ring finger while males on the right ring finger.