Passion Twists, Kinky Twists, Loose Two Strand Twists, or Senegalese Twists
Loose Two Strand Twists
11 Benefits of Loose Two Strand Twists Protective Style
- Shampoo and condition hair in about 9-11 chunky twist of your own hair. (This technique keeps the hair from getting tangled during the washing process).
- You don't ever have to use a comb with this hairstyle, just gently finger-detangle each twist-section as you prepare to install the loose two-strand twist extensions.
- You can make different hairstyles with loose two strand twists using a couple of bobby-pins. (Choose to do large twists or medium size twists).
- If this hairstyle is wore for at least one year, it will grow very long. Of course, redo a full head of twists each month, remembering to do a deep conditioning as well.
- Lightly moisturize the ends of the twists every night before going to bed, this will assists with retaining the length.
- Lightly mist the scalp also every night with a braid-spray, Afro-textured hair is like a flower-garden that needs to be sprinkled with water often for it to flourish.
- You can use the end of a rat-tail comb for parting the hair into twist-sections, but avoid combing the hair. (If you have to use a comb, a wide-toothed comb is cool to use if your not practicing the finger-combing method).
- Wearing a silk-like fabric bonnet at night can prevent the hair from rubbing on bed linens.
- To make your loose two strand twists style last at least a month, braid with three strands starting at the scalp about less than 1/4 inch, and then begin twisting with two strands all the way to the ends.
- After shampooing and conditioning, you may also blow-dry these hair twists on a low heat setting and apply a deep conditioner as the hair blow-dries. (Avoid drying the hair totally, let the hair have a slight dampness).
- This hairstyle can be worn with twists-extensions or just your own hair as two strand twists.
Prevent Damaged Hair
- Avoid shampoos and other hair products with harsh sulfates that may strip your hair, causing dryness and breakage.
- The best shampoo to use on African American hair are shampoos with protein; your hair is made of protein, and protein shampoos are compatible with hair. Protein shampoos prevent your hair from further damage, and it repairs the hair strands.
- Use wide-tooth combs for detangling your hair.
- Avoid the ingredient (propylene glycol) it will break down the proteins and the cellular structure of your hair.
- Use natural hair products: Sea Moss Herbal Scalp Serum promotes nourishment and longer hair.
- Drink 32-64 ounces of water daily.
- Stay in the sunshine for 15 minutes daily, for faster hair growth. The sunshine contains vitamin D which helps with having healthier hair, skin, and fingernails.
- Another great shampoo to use is herbal; the herbal shampoos help "Afro-textured hair" to retain its moisture, and it also helps the hair to grow. With herbal shampoos you can shampoo your hair more often; at least 1-2 times a week.
- Avoid products with alcohol; Afro-textured hair already tends to dry in 3 days from lack of moisturizer and dehydration. Alcohol products and chemical perms dry the hair-shaft even more.
- Afro-textured hairstyles; Kinky Hair Twists, 360 Waves, Individual Braids, Locks, Braid Outs, Corn Rows, Weaves, Crochet Braids, Afros, Box Braids, Flat Twists, or Loose Two Strand Twists.
Watch video - How to do Kinky Hair Twists
More Hair Care Tips
9. Use one bottle of Biotin vitamins twice a year, and use as directed on the bottle for faster healthy hair growth. Biotin vitamins can be for hair that grows slow, thin hair, balding edges, and damaged hair.
10. Massage your scalp with your fingertips when adding essential oils to increase blood circulation. This makes your hair grow healthier and faster, it wakes up the hair follicles.
11. Avoid excessive heat from hair-dryers, flat irons, and pressing combs; Hair straightening styles can be worn occasionally for special events, etc. Avoid stressful situations and subjects as much as possible.
12. Laugh with others, watch comedies, and obtain a joke book. Laughter is the best medicine.
13. Trim damaged split ends for better hairstyles and growth, trim/clip ends every 5 months.
14. If you wear ponytails from time to time, avoid wearing the cloth made scrunchies. Wear the silk or polyester made scrunchies.
15. African Americans' hair tends to be dryer than other races of people hair. Always use conditioning-shampoos when shampooing your hair. Then use a deep conditioner such as Cholesterol conditioner. After that use a little leave-in conditioning, and a hair cream that contains essential oils.
16. Avoid using hot water to wash your hair; using cool water keeps your hair fuller and healthier. Hot water will strip the hair and make it brittle.
17. The fewer times you comb and brush your hair, the faster it will grow. Finger-comb the hair instead.
18. Avoid products that contain petroleum, because it may slow hair growth.
19. Avoid using hair gels on your hairline edges, they have glue as an ingredient.
20. Do cardio exercise 3-7 days a week to keep proper blood circulation flowing through your body which may prevent blood clots. Proper blood circulation assists in making your hair grow as well (as mentioned above).
21. Use Orange Citrus Shea Butter Hair Cream; apply to your hair 3-5 times a week.
♥♥ Wearing chemical perms will eventually damage your hair, hairline edges, and prevent new hair growth! The same ingredients of perms are in Liquid Drano (unclogs plumbing pipe-solution). ♥♥
Loose Two-Strand Twists
Benefits of going Natural
- Self-love and appreciation
- Rock'n your natural hair keeps moisture longer and perms don't.
- Less split ends with natural hair, more split ends with permed hair.
- No more dry and itchy scalp with your natural hair, perms keep scalps dry, itchy and irritated.
- Natural hair doesn't cause scabs or alopecia, but perms cause scabs, scar, burns, and alopecia.
- It's inspirational and spiritual; more black people are going natural than in recent years before now.
- Embrace kinky-curly hair, take back the power over what is the standard of beauty for kinky-curly styles and the products we choose to use?
- Allowing yourself to really learn what hair products your hair likes and don't like. After all, hair that grows from the scalp is alive and not dead. Know what your wants.
- Potential to having longer fuller hair than with perms. What is good hair to you? Good hair is healthy hair. Everyone wants healthy hair/good hair, it’s a journey that we have to accomplish and maintain; A beautiful journey.
How Long is Your Natural Hair Progression?
Kinky Twists Crochet Braids with Pre Twists Hair
© 2011 Brinafr3sh