- Fashion and Beauty»
Make your own Brooch Bouquet
Brooch bouquets began as a wedding thing. I've seen them used in for other occasions since then, including a memorial. They are gorgeous, they can be vintage or a great way to repurpose brooches and jewellery you have stashed at the bottom of your jewellery box (or picked out at the local thrift store).
Add your own uniqueness to your own bouquet. Make it yourself, it's a bit time consuming but not difficult. Pick the colours you want, or work with rhinestone, pearl or metallic brooches only. Use other jewellery, broken or out dated necklaces can be wrapped around or clip off the chain and wire them up like another flower in the bouquet.
Some bouquets are made with plastic flowers, or buttons or beads instead of brooches. You can also add silk or other artificial flowers to your bouquet, mix it up.
Finish it off by wrapped florist tape around all the wires to hide them and keep them from poking holes or rips into anything.
Then get ribbon, fabric or whatever you like to wrap around the stems of your bouquet. Add a lace doily or crocheted lace to the top of your bouquet, just as they would have it wrapped up in something extra pretty at the florist shop. I've seen people add tiny brooches to the wrapped up stems too. A little extra pretty touch.
Not everyone has a stash of brooches on hand. I have some from my Grandmother and her sisters. They're in my jewellery box, a small collection.
I've seen great brooches in the thrift store. But you should be a little picky, to keep it special. Pick brooches which have some meaning to you. Brooches with a design you especially like. Brooches that aren't just cheap made either. You're going to be handing the brooches you add to your bouquet so they should be able to stand up to being used, poked and prodded around.
If you are using vintage brooches check the settings, see if there are loose stones, beads, etc. Don't use a brooch that is already in need of some repair or too fragile.
More Flowers and Jewelled Brooches
How to Make a Gorgeous Brooch Bouquet
- DIY Brooch Bouquet
- Flickr: Making a Brooch Bouquet
- Brooch Bouquet | Weddingbee DIY Projects
- How to DIY your own brooch bouquet | Offbeat Bride
- Decor Adventures: Wedding Brooch Bouquet Tutorial
- Wedding Brooch Bouquet
- How To Assemble A Vintage Brooch Bouquet: Inconceivable Life
- How to design a Brooch Bouquet | Fancy Pants Weddings
How to DIY Brooch Bouquet
Collecting Antique or Vintage Brooches
Brooch Bouquet Photos to be Inspired By
- Flickr: button bouquets
- Brooch Bouquets | Blue Petyl
- Custom Vintage Brooch Bouquets
- Brooch Bouquets
- hairbowswonderworld: Garden of Happiness - flower brooch bouquets
- lamb & blonde: Wedding Wednesday: Brooch Bouquets
- Bouqet - brooch, button, flower,
- Brooch Bouquets | Pinterest
- Wedding trend: the brooch bouquet | Style | Life | National Post