- Fashion and Beauty
The term “Prudent” can be defined as “acting with or showing care and thought for the future.” To me that means getting the most for my money. If you want to know how I do this and never go out of style, you’ve come to the right place.
Here are some tips that have served me well over time:
- Clean Out Your Closets:I cannot stress this enough because chances are there are lots of clothes hanging in your closet that you haven’t worn for years and those clothes can bring you some returns. I will explain that later!!! So before I decide to spend any money on clothing, I check all my clothes in the closet and if I can’t remember the last time I wore them, then they must GO!!!
- Always Sort Your Basic/Staple wears: This is simple to do once you have finished cleaning your closet. It’s just a means of arranging your clothes in the order of their importance. Also, you should have some staples for year-round wear. Using this method, you’ll find don’t have to buy clothes you don’t need.
- Sell Online: There are people out there willing to pay good money for your gently used clothes. So, instead of throwing them away, try selling those clothes online. Ebay,Amazon,Craigslist etc. makes this relatively simple to do. You can also sell your stuff in local stores on a consignment basis.
- Do Not Spend A Lot On Trends:I will never forget the feeling of spending a lot of money on trendy outfits and shoes only to discover that within a few months, or in some cases, a few weeks, those same items on sale for a fraction of what I paid for them. I was young and not wise about such things. I’m older now and have learned that exercising some patience and doing some research will almost always pay off. By doing my homework, I often find the best prices on the item I want and sometimes find an even better item.
This is not only cost-efficient, but I have a great time doing it. It’s a great feeling you get when you score big on a purchase. So try to use your God-given wisdom when shopping. Try to buy things of good quality that won’t go out of style, at least for awhile. Always ask yourself, “Do I really need this? or do I just want this?” Let your conscience be your guide.
- Shop For Less Either Online Or In Stores:
This is what I am all about, it’s how I roll. Although Ebay, Amazon etc, may carry good selections, why not look at some the “alternative” sites which can score big savings for you. Two of my favorite online stores are 599fashion.com and 10dollarmall.com. As far as brick and mortar stores are concerned. You have Ross, Burlington Coat Factory, Target, etc. You can occasionally score some deals in these stores and I do shop in them from time-to-time, but for me, online is the way to go.
I hope I was of some help you with these few tips. Kindly let me know your go-to store for stylish and affordable clothes, as I am always on the lookout for deals.Thank you so much for your time.