CHANEL ZEUS: KARL LAGERFELD
:: FOR ME, CHANEL IS LIKE MUSIC [KL]
• Karl Lagerfeld quotations:
• For me, Chanel is like music. There are certain notes and you have to make another tune with them.
• When I took over Chanel, nobody wanted it anymore. People said don’t touch it, it’s dead, it’s over. I saw possibility for the years to come.
• I'm never content with what I do. I live in a sort of permanent dissatisfaction. I think that's the secret to doing things well.
• I like imagination -- and the way I think things could be, had been, or should be -- better than reality.
• If you want respect for your past, it means that you have a problem
with your present and even more with your future.
• Fashion's life is short. It's six months, six months, six months. It's
not something you do for a great future.
• Forgiveness is too easy. I can forget by indifference, but not
forgive. I prefer revenge.
• I am a fashion person, and fashion is not only about clothes -- it's
about all kinds of change.
• The imagination can transform all sorts of personal insanity into
elements of self-invention, and you need to make use of this.
• Don't look to the approval of others for your mental stability.
• I'm open to everything. When you start to criticize the times you live
in, your time is over.
• A respectable appearance is sufficient to make people more interested
in your soul.
• The most important thing is to do things, not to have done them.
• I hate leisure, except reading. I'm really a person made to work, if
sketching is considered work.
• I try not to be sentimental and obsessive about possessions. I love
collecting, but I hate owning.
• Loving someone is fine, but they have to love you back or it doesn’t work.
• There is something unexciting about buying something exciting online. I like the physical contact with the goods.
* Nothing scares me more than people with some doll collection. As a child, I never played with anything like toys. I wanted to be a grown-up.
* Florals are for middle-aged women with weight problems.
• Chanel is an institution, and you have to treat an institution like a whore – and then you get something out of her.
• I hate the word “avant-garde.” It was used, overused, and often used for useless things. So I do not use that word any longer.
• I am not allowed to have a favorite bag because I have to create the next one. I have to like change to keep it alive.
• Believe it or not, I love rap.
• Some designers think they do Art, but they think other designers do not.
:: I PREFER REVENGE: Forgiveness is too easy [KL]
• WANT TO UNDERSTAND KARL LAGERFELD ?