Candy Flavored Lip Gloss Recipe
Candy Girl Lips ~
The notion of having a candy flavored lip gloss on your lips may sound sickly sweet but you would be surprised as what may be classified as candy flavoring.
With flavors such as cinnamon candy, watermelon, Tahitian vanilla, butter rum, lemon and chocolate mint candy the spectrum of flavors is mind-boggling at times.
Lip gloss is one of those beauty products that not only bring our lips alive regardless of color, but they look luscious, moisturized and conditioned. Wear it alone or over lipstick, lip gloss is here to stay.
Flavor is something only the wearer will appreciate or maybe the lucky person who receives a kiss from the wearer!
Honey Locks in Moisture
Conditioning The Lips ~
Before applying any lip gloss you need to make sure your lips are in tip top condition.
Particularly in the colder months when lips become drier and chapped lips are often a condition experienced by many adults and children.
A gentle but effective homemade lip scrub will remove all the dry skin and dead skin cells thanks to the exfoliating powers of sugar whilst adding natural moisturizers like honey and coconut oil. Who does not want smooth supple lips?
Candy Inspiration for Flavoring
Pink and White are Good Choices
Buy Lip Gloss Containers in Bulk
100 Candy Flavored Oils
- Candy Flavor Oil | Largest Selection of Candy Flavoring Oils
Best prices and largest selection for Candy Flavoring Oils on the web.
Add a Bit of Sparkle
Are You Keen on Flavored Lip Gloss?
Candy Flavored Lip Gloss Recipe ~
Ingredients: (should make at least half a dozen lip glosses for 5g size plastic containers)
4 tsp coconut oil
4 tsp petroleum jelly
1 tsp paraffin wax
½ tsp oil based candy flavor of choice (if you have a few different ones you can combine to make your own signature flavor)
4 candy melts of choice
You Will Need:
Ziploc freezer bag
Clean lip gloss containers
- Grate the paraffin wax directly into the Ziploc freezer bag.
- Add the petroleum jelly, coconut oil, candy melts and flavoring of choice into the bag and seal the bag.
- Pop the bag into a bowl of hot water to allow the ingredients to melt and mix together.
- Every so often you can massage the bag to help the products mix evenly.
- When fully melted, you can snip a corner of the bag and squeeze the lip gloss into your containers. Screw on lids and pop into the fridge and allow to cool completely.
- Your candy flavored lippy is now ready to use!
- Apply with a lip brush and not your fingers, it is 100% more hygienic and uses less product.
- Pop your brush in and remove gloss in one go. If you wish, use the back of your hand as a palette to work from. Don’t forget to clean your lip brush in-between uses. If carrying around in your makeup bag, make sure to carry some disposable wipes to clean your brush. At home use a makeup brush cleanser which is easy and quick to make using commonly found ingredients in the kitchen.
Play around with quantities if you want to make as a makeup craft for teens and their friends. The bulk buy of seed bead containers in craft shops are also very useful and cost effective. Recycle some contact lens cases to use if you have any spare ones.
Fancy a sparkle to your lip gloss? Add some cake decorating glitter!
Substitute flavored oils with Kool-Aids if you have them. Kool-Aids are particularly good for young children as a fun activity.
These make a fantastic gift for so many occasions even to your other half make a colorless but flavored lippy for valentine’s day as a creative romantic idea! This makes a great alternative if they are a Chap Stick fan or suffers with dry lips. All natural and chemical free too!
Candyman - Christina Aguilera
Credit to homesteadbound ~
All dividers used in this hub are used with permission granted on hub, Creating Dividers to Use on Your Hubs
© 2013 Suzanne Ridgeway