How to Chalk Hair
Fun, Bright Colors
Chalking hair can be a fun option to give yourself or your child. The bright colors are fun and attract attention for little princesses (or the grow-up ones). Start the process by getting your supplies around because it can be a messy process, though anything that gets messy will be able to be wiped clean easily. This is a temporary color that does no damage to the hair and will wash out in about 2-3 washes depending on the color of the hair chalked.
Side note: Finding the pastel chalks at a craft store, or the craft section.
Start chalking the hair by brushing the hair to prevent knotting. Decide what colors your would like to choose and then grab the section size of hair that you want.
- Spray the hair until it is wet (not damp).
- Use the chalk in a downward motion. Do not rub up and down or your will knot the hair.
- Use the towel to dab dry the hair or use a blow dryer to dry the hair.
- Take the straightener and run it over the sections of hair with color.
- Repeat the steps above until you have achieved the look that you want for the hair.
What will it look like:
Even with different hair color the pastel shows up well. Blonde hair picked up the color well, and surprisingly so did dark brown hair.