- Fashion and Beauty»
Contradictory or Conflicting Gemstones - Stones that should not be worn together
How to get maximum benefits from Wearing Gemstones
Gemstones have been used from time immemorial as remedy for malefic planets, as medicine and as fancy jewelry. When it is used as a remedy suggested by astrology on the basis of the horoscope certain things have to be kept in mind to get the maximum effects of the gemstone you are wearing.Also avoid the gemstones which should not be worn together.
- It is advisable to wear the gem while Moon is waxing on the specified day and time as suggested by the astrologer.
- Wearing the stone in the specified Nakshatra also enhances the beneficial effects of the stone.
- The size of the stone and clarity also plays an important role.
- Wear the gem continuously without removing unless suggested.
- One can also get better effects if the gem is studded in the specified metal representing the Planet.
- Make sure that the gem setting should be an open one at the bottom so that it touches the body from bottom.
- If worn as a ring wear the ring on the specified finger for the gem.
- Before wearing the gem perform the necessary rituals and chant the planetary mantras.
- Avoid wearing contradictory gemstones.
Gemstones representing conflicting Planets should not be worn together unless suggested by an experienced astrologer. Some such combinations to avoid are given below.
Ruby – Diamond, Blue Sapphire, Cat’s Eye
Pearl – Hessonite, Cat’s Eye
Red Coral – Emerald, Blue Sapphire
Emerald – Pearl
Yellow Sapphire – Emerald, Diamond
Diamond – Ruby, Pearl
Blue Sapphire – Ruby, Pearl, Red Coral
Hessonite – Ruby and Pearl
Cat’s Eye – Ruby, Pearl
When you wear Gemstones based on Numerology people born under some birthdates should not wear certain gemstones. To find your numerology number total the digits of your birth date to a single digit. The gem and numbers to be avoided are given below.
Ruby – 6,8
Pearl – 3, 8
Yellow Sapphire – 2,5, 6, 7,8
Diamonds – 1,3,9
Red Coral – 2, 5, 7,8
Blue Sapphire – 1,2,3,4, 9
Gomedh – 2,3,7,8,9
Cat’s Eye – 4,9