- Fashion and Beauty»
- Makeup & Cosmetics
Cosmetic Application Tips To Make You Hotter Than She Is
Makeup Application Tips -- Like a Pro
You do not have to be a rocket doctor to apply makeup in a fashionable way to enhance your inner beauty. With the right makeup products, you can have a radiant look, and not a perspiring one, during the summer. Here are some cosmetic application tips that absolutely are the best.
1. It is important to wash your face every morning with a facial cleanser that is appropriate for your skin type. I use one for dry skin, but there are products for oily and combination as well. It is absolutely essential that you apply a moisturizer with a SPF of at least 15 on clean skin. And, if you are older or are seeing the signs of tight skin and wrinkles, you should put on an additional product that will uplift your face and neck. I use Serum-C by Mary Kay Cosmetics. It is a miracle worker and a great base for your makeup application. Regardless of your age, any time is the right time to take care of your face.
2. You need to choose a foundation for your skin that matches your neck. This is important because you do not want that line across your face and chin. Mary Kay Consultants have shade matching tools, as I am sure other cosmetics do. Apply your foundation to the clean, moisturized face. To develop a flawless-look, using a primer beforehand will seal the pores. This makes the difference between a good looking woman wearing makeup and a movie star look. This will also keep your foundation on for a longer period of time. The primer pampers your skin and gives it an additional protective base.
3. Even if your face is clear of pimples, unsightly scars, blackheads, and other “imperfections”, you should apply a light-reflecting facial powder on your face. I use the Mary Kay powder foundation, so I usually do not use the facial powder unless I want a shinier look. Both powder and foundation should be applied with the proper tools for a smooth look. This is either a sponge for liquid foundation or a large, round powder brush for powder foundations. Do not use a blush brush for this. They work two different ways for applying makeup.
4. To have a natural look, and if you have not had a color consultation, begin with a blush in either a pink or peach shade because these will suit most everyone, of all skin colors. A color consultation is a great way to get your look – one you need for each season of the year. Apply the blush with a blush brush, building the color slowly, and begin on the cheekbone, below the outside of your eye to the middle of your eye, around the outside of your eye, just a little bit. Powder blush lasts longer than the creams and gels. Brighter shades make your face glow.
5. Lipsticks and lip glosses in neutrals or in bright shades will add the final effect, especially if you are wearing eye makeup. You need the balance between the eyes and the lips, actually using less on the cheeks. Line your lips with a neutral or perhaps nude shade than the lipstick, filling it in one-third up your lip. This will help the lipstick last longer and prevent that 1950s look. A lip primer will give you a fuller lip and fill in the cracks and dry skin in the lips. If using a lipstick, you can apply it at this point. If you want to use a lip brush, it will be applied more evenly. Then, remove excess color with a tissue and apply another layer to give you a long lasting, saturated lipstick color.
For a great summer of radiant, stay-on makeup, try these makeup application tips and let me know what you think about them and which cosmetic tip is your favorite. Watch for skin cleansing and eye colors coming soon! Karre, Independent Beauty Consultant, Mary Kay Cosmetics