- Fashion and Beauty»
- Body Art, Tattoos & Piercing
Cross Tattoos, Angel Tattoos, And Religious Tattoos; Cross Choices And Symbolic Meanings
If there was ever a design that was popular around the world and well known, it would be the cross. Crosses serve as a symbolic design for Christianity, but it also has a variety of different meanings and variations. Men and women get the cross tattoo for a variety of different reasons.
Although the cross serves as a religious symbol, it also is a sign of faith, life, death, and spiritual. For some Christians, the cross tattoo would be the only tattoo that they would ever consider. A portion of Christians believe that the body should avoid any tattoos or other markings on the body. These beliefs are based upon their understanding of Bible teachings from the Old Testament. It states that tattoos and other body markings should be avoided. Even so, it is a belief that is not shared by all Christians.
To some Christians, the body is the temple of the Lord. They believe that anything that you do that will cause harm to the body, both physically and mentally, damages the temple. They are against smoking, drinking, and other foods and drinks that damage the body. They also believe that the body should not be tattooed.
The cross is a very popular design and it is a symbol that is well known. One of the main reasons that the cross is popular in the tattoo world is because there are so many different variations, styles, and meanings for the cross. The cross is also a world wide symbol of faith and death. In modern times, the cross is used for a variety of different reasons. It is used to symbol one's faith, to symbolize Jesus, and used to mark graves. Due to all the uses and symbolic meanings, it has made the cross a popular choice among those who seek the cross tattoo.
There are several different variations of the cross that has been traditionally passed along for centuries. One of the most popular crosses is the Celtic cross. In the past, the Celtic cross was used to symbolize the circle of life, both natural and spiritual. The Celtic cross has knot work inside the cross or the entire cross can be entirely done in Celtic art. The two separate areas form one solid symbol. The loop stands for the never ending cycle of life and the knots symbolize the links to the spiritual and natural world. This is the design that is chosen by most Celts. Since the Celtic cross stands for both worlds, it can be worn to symbolize life, death, and rebirth.
The tribal cross is also a popular cross design that is chosen for tattoos. The tribal cross can be worn to give tribute to their tribe and ancestors. The tribal cross is done in tribal art and it is usually done in the traditional color of black ink. It can also stand as a symbol of respect also. Tribal tattooing is one of the oldest tattooing styles. Even though these tattoos are usually done in solid black ink, in present times, we see more and more people adding colors to their tribal tattoos. Either way, the tribal cross remains a popular choice.
We are also beginning to see more and more people choose Gothic crosses also. The Gothic cross usually has a dark meaning associated with it. They usually show a cross that is wrapped in barbed wire. They can also have snakes or dragons wrapped around the cross also. Daggers are commonly associated with Gothic tattoos as well. Gothic crosses usually symbolize pain and anger. It can also represent the Gothic culture.
Here are a few more variations of some crosses and meanings.
- Inverted Cross- This cross has a long based. It is often called the cross of St. Peter. St. Peter was crucified upside down, which was his choice. He felt that he was not worthy to die the same way as Jesus. It was a symbol of humanity.
- Tau Cross- The Tau is an ancient symbol of eternal life. It has a "T" shape. Christians refer to this cross as the cross of St. Anthony. It is names after the Greek letter it resembles.
- St. Andrews Cross- This cross has a "X" shape. St. Andrew was crucified on a cross. He told the Disciples of Christ that he was unworthy of being crucified like Jesus. Associated with Scotland.
- The Greek Cross- This cross was used by Greek Christians. It is also known as the cross of St. George.
- Iron Cross- This cross has German roots. It has four equal sides and all of them flare out on the ends. It was used by the German military in the late 1800s. It was also a form of decorative symbolism in the German military in later years.
- Wood Cross- This is a symbol of one of the earliest crosses. It also refers to Jesus being crucified. It is the cross that is widely used by most Christians.
- Maltese Cross- This cross has 8 different points that represent the Eight Blessings. It symbolizes honor, bravery, and honor. It is associated with the Malta knights.
- The Anchor Cross- This cross is a combination of a cross and an anchor. It symbolizes hope and faith.
- Ankh Cross- This cross has a loop at the top. It has Egyptian roots originally. It is a symbol of energy, life, and fertility.
ANGEL TATTOOS, RELIGIOUS TATTOOS, AND MEANINGS
Angel tattoos are coming more and more popular these days and they come in a variety of different. The angel tattoo is very spiritual and symbolic. It is a popular choice among men and women because there are many symbolic meanings of the angel tattoo. The most common meanings of the angel tattoo are protection and love. The angel tattoo can also represent your spirituality. Some us believe that everyone has a guardian angel that offers protection to us through our entire life. Men and women may get this tattoo to represent this belief.
The angel tattoo can have different meanings between men and women. For men, the angel tattoo represents their connection to their faith. It also stands for a connection with their higher self. For women, the angel tattoo is a sign of peace and serenity. Women may get this tattoo because they feel like they are at peace with their surroundings, both worldly and spiritual. For both males and females, we all feel like we want to be protected and we want to feel safe. The angel represents that notion.
The angel tattoo can also stand for finding love. Just as Cupid is portrayed, these angels are usually small and chubby. They are often portrayed with arrows or hearts. Although most angels are considered good, there are also bad angels. These angels usually stand for a dark meaning. This tattoo can represent the dark side of life or life's struggles. People that have been through hard times in their life may decide to get a tattoo such as this to represent that fact. These angel tattoos are usually without much color.
The most noticed meaning is that the angel tattoo represents your personal belief in Heaven, Hell, the spiritual world, and God. It can be a sign of your love and respect for your religion. It can also represent the connection you have with your beliefs. Angels are believed that the word "angel" has Greek origins and stands for "messenger".
Now, there are many different symbols that work hand in hand with angels tattoos. Angel tattoos can also portray clouds, stars, halos, wings, water, flowers, arrows, harps, trumpets, animals, and children. Angel wings are also a popular tattoo choice for both men and women. These are some things that you may want to consider when getting an angel tattoo or deciding on a tattoo choice. These extra items can bring more detail to your tattoo. With angel tattoos, you can think outside the box and be creative. Music can also be a connection with the angel tattoo.
Angel tattoos can also symbolize happiness. Angels are usually seen as a positive sign and angels are considered to be protectors. The angel tattoo is a popular choice because there are so many different options with the style of the tattoo and they are a lot of different meanings. Before choosing a style, you want to make sure you have did your research. Take your time and look at as many tattoos as you can. Only choose a tattoo that you are 100% sure of. Don't rush into the process. If you take your time and do your research, you will increase your chances of finding a tattoo that you will not regret later on down the road.
Religious tattoos are also a popular choice for tattoos among men and women. These tattoos come in a variety of different designs. They often include crosses and bible scriptures. One of the most symbolic figures would be Jesus. Someone may get a tattoo with Jesus to display their faith in Christianity or other religious beliefs.
Jesus is often portrayed in self portrait or on the cross in such tattoos. Jesus was crucified on the cross and both are symbolic to one another. Someone may decide to get this tattoo to show their respect and appreciation for what Jesus had to go through when he was crucified. With religious portraits, if you choose this for a tattoo, you want to make sure you go to a skilled tattoo artist. I have seen a few Jesus tattoos that do not look like he is portrayed in famous paintings and pictures.
As I said before, Bible scriptures are also a popular choice as tattoos among men and women. These types of tattoos usually portray famous and meaningful Bible scriptures such as John 3:16. You can find a few of them below.
- Ephesians 2:8, 9- "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
- John 3:16- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
- John 3:36- "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
- 2 Corinthians 5:17- "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
MORE TATTOO ARTICLES, DESIGNS, AND IDEAS
- Great Flower Tattoo Ideas And Meanings; Rose Tattoos, Colors, And Meanings
Learn about all the symbolic flowers. Beautiful flower tattoos, ideas, and meanings. Rose tattoos and meanings.
- Great Star Tattoo Ideas For Men And Women; Star Tattoo Meanings And Star Variations
Learn about all the variations of the star tattoo. Star tattoo ideas, designs, and meanings.
- Great Butterfly Ankle Tattoos, Ideas, And Meanings; Butterfly Tattoos And Beautiful Designs
Learn about the symbolic butterfly. Beautiful butterfly ankle tattoo designs, ideas, and meanings.
- Dragon Tattoo Ideas And Meanings; Chinese and Japanese Dragon Tattoo History And Meaning
Learn about the Chinese and Japanese dragon tattoo and meanings. Colored dragons and meanings. Cool tattoo ideas and meanings.
- Great Ideas For Clover Tattoos;Clover And Shamrock Tattoo Meanings: Leprechaun Tattoos And Irish Sym
Learn about the Celtic clover and shamrock. Awesome Celtic tattoo ideas, designs, and meanings.
- Heart Tattoos, Ideas, Designs, And Meanings; Heart Tattoo Variations
Learn about all the different variations of the heart tattoo. Awesome heart tattoo ideas, designs, and meaning.
- Great Eagle Tattoo Ideas And Images; Eagle Tattoo History And Meanings; Learn About The Eagle
Learn about the symbolic eagle. Awesome eagle tattoo ideas, designs, and meanings.
- Celtic Knotwork And Meaning-Celtic Tree Of Life Tattoo And Meaning-Celtic Art And Celtic Tattoos
Learn about Celtic art. Celtic Tree of Life tattoo and meanings. Celtic knotwork, spirals, and mazes.
- Great Skull Tattoo Ideas For Men And Women; Skull Tattoo Meanings And Designs
The skull tattoo meaning may just surprise you. Cool skull tattoo ideas, designs, and history.
- Great Butterfly Tattoo Ideas For Women; Butterfly Tattoo Images and Designs: Butterfly Tattoo Meanin
Learn all the different symbolic meanings of the butterfly tattoo. Great tattoo ideas for the butterfly tattoo.
- Pacific Island Tattoos; Moko Style and Hawaiian Tattoos; Tattoo Ideas, History, Tattoo Meanings Men
Learn about the Pacific and Polynesian tattooing styles. Great tattoo ideas for men and women.
- Celtic Tattoos: Great Ideas For Celtic Tattoos For Men and Women; Celtic Art
Learn about the history of the Celtic tattoo and Celtic art. Learn the different styles and meanings of the Celtic tattoo. Great tattoo ideas.
- Tribal Tattoo Designs: Ideas for tribal tattoos for Men and Women
Great ideas for tribal tattoos. Learn about the history of one of the oldest styles of tattooing. Ideas for men and women tribal tattoos.