- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care
DIY Green Tea & Lemon Acne Toner
Toners are great protection against irritating acne. They provide an extra level of protection against acne-causing bacteria and help fight current acne. Toners are also simple and quick to make at home with things in almost ever fridge and pantry! In this hub I'm going to show you a quick and simple recipe for an amazing toner for acne prone skin. It takes few ingredients and works like a dream. I have used this toner on and off since high school and it really helps to prevent and heal acne fast and effectively.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Closes porse and keeps skin a optimal ph balance.
Antibacterial and helps keep skin at best pH balance.
Firms and depuffs skin, great anitaging ingedient as well.
Nourishes and protects skin and prevents drying.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Matcha Green Tea
Green Tea Tip
Because green tea is such a great firmer and full of antioxidants, next time you make a cup try these tricks.
- No More Puffy Eyes Once you steep your tea remove the teabag and chill in the fridge. After it has chilled for five minutes remove the teabag and lay down and apply it to your under eye area. This will sooth any puffness and reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Shrink Large Pores and Minimize Fine Lines Take a cup of green tea and pour it into an ice cube tray. The next time you look tired or stressed pop a green tea cube out and run under eyes and around your face. This will reduce the size of large pores, firm skin, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and crows feet.
In Depth Look at the Ingredients
- Lemon Juice Lemon Juice is great for acne. The it cleanses and tones skin fighting bacteria that can cause acne. It also shrinks the size of pores and keeps skin at an optimal pH balance helps dry and oil skin types. The acid in lemon juice can irritate some so its always good to dilute with other things, but the same acid is what gives it the gentle exfoliating effect on the skin.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Apple cider vinegar does wonders at balancing the skins pH and this helps prevent and reduce acne as well as help achieve a more even complexion. It also helps to gentle exfoliate the skin.
- Green Tea Powerful anti-aging ingredient that firms skin and depuffs. High in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory green tea protects the skin from free radicals.It also helps fine lines and wrinkles look smaller. It also soothes mild acne and evens complexion.
- Black Tea Like green tea, black tea is a powerful anti-aging ingredient. It also helps to fight off free radicals and protects skin. A great moisturizer and toner as well, black tea will also firm and depuff skin around the eyes, while minimizing fine lines.
Making the Toner
Now that we know what the ingredients will do lets make the toner! Because it last pretty long if you use it nightly we're only going to make about a cup. If you would like to use it in the morning to start your day I do recommend leaving out the Apple Cider Vinegar, only because it is not the greatest smelling ingredient in the world.
- I like to boil one cup of water and place both tea bags inside however if you'd rather you can boil two half cups and steep your tea separately. I steep them together to save some time and dishes, and keep them steeping for about five minutes.
- Once they are done steeping remove the tea bags and pour the teas into a container. I use a small spray bottle or little mason jar to keep it in. The spray bottle is great to use after washing your face for a quick spritz and go!
- Once you have mixed your tea pour 1/4 tsp of lemon juice into the teas and mix well.
- Next add 1/4 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar and close your container. Give a good shake or two and walah! You have a perfect, and easy acne toner!
I hope you guys find this helpful. Let me know in the comments below if you want to or have tried this!
Using the Toner
I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin. So each night when I wash my face I will pour a little bit onto a cotton pad and wipe it over the clean skin. Now the reason I do this only at night and not in the morning as well is because if you have worked with apple cider vinegar before with diy skin care, you know it is not the most pleasant smelling thing. So for that reason, I only use it at night. After I wipe it onto my clean face I will wait a couple minutes to let it dry and penetrate before adding my moisturizer and massaging it into the skin. If you do this for 3 to 5 night in a row with this toner you should see a significant improvement in any current breakouts you are suffering from.