- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care»
- Acne, Pimples & Blackheads
DIY Face Masks For All Skin Types
Do you have troubled skin but can't afford to buy all of these high end acne creams and washes? Well, join the club and don't worry! These at home DIY face masks will help out your pockets and actually improve your skin! Whether you have oily skin, extremely dry skin, or want to correct those dark spots, there is a mask for you! These masks use all natural ingredients which are great for your skin.
For People With Large Pores
This mask is perfect for cleansing your skin and tightening your pores. Take it from someone with very enlarged pores, nothing is more embarrassing than being out with your girlfriends thinking you look hot and then seeing how oily your cheeks and forehead look. I feel like people's eyes are immediately drawn to the huge black looking dots (aka pores) on my face. However, since I have been doing this mask once a week, I have noticed a HUGE difference. I recommend using plain yogurt for this mask because flavored yogurts could possibly cause a breakout.
- Smooth yogurt evenly on your face and neck
- Let sit for about 20 minutes before rinsing off
For People With Oily or Dry Skin
This is a mask that my cousin literally swears by. I'm not going to lie, egg is not only wonderful for your skin, but it also leaves it feeling so incredibly smooth. The only complaint I have about this mask is that it does get a little bit messy and I don't necessarily prefer the smell of eggs. BUT, if you can get past that, I highly recommend this. Supposedly, egg also works great for anti-aging.
For normal skin
- Use the entire egg
For dry skin
- Use the yolk from the egg
For oily skin
- Use the egg white
- Beat the egg, yolk, or egg white (depending on your skin), and apply to your face.
- Let it sit on your face for about 30 minutes, or until dry.
- Rinse off with warm water
- Ladies, be sure to have your hair completely up and high. I have gotten egg in my hair multiple times from this mask because my ponytail was too low and swung around and stuck to my face (YUCK). Also, I recommend wearing a headband to keep the egg from getting in your fly-aways and baby hairs.
Lemon Juice Mask
For People With Dark Spots and Scars
Breakouts alone are terrible as it is, but what can make them even worse are the spots they leave behind. Some people are lucky enough to not experience scarring, but if you're like me, it almost looks like you have freckles from how many pimple scars you have on your face (and no I do not pop/pick at my pimples). A few months ago, my roommate and I begin applying lemon juice to our faces. Since then, we have both seen such an improvement in the appearance of our scars. I'm not going to lie and say that they are completely gone, but they have lightened DRASTICALLY.
- Squeeze lemon juice (juice from an actual lemon is recommended) onto a washcloth or a pad
- Rub the lemon juice over your entire face or just over your scars
- Do this before bed and let it sit on your face overnight
- I normally don't have to rinse anything off when I wake up because the juice has had time to soak into your skin. However, if your face feels weird or sticky when you wake up, rinse your skin with cool water
For People With Somewhat Dry Skin
This is possibly the most simple face mask that you'll ever try. Bananas work as an all natural moisturizing mask that leave your skin feeling like a baby's bottom. Not only is this a fairly clean mask, it is also dirt cheap. Bananas are one of the cheapest fruits you can find.
- Mash up one banana until it is smoothed into a paste.
- Apply to your face and neck
- Let it sit for 10 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water
For People With Dry Skin
This mask is great for very dry skin. The vinegar not only works as a moisturizer, but it also works as a toner. This mask is wonderful for refreshing and rejuvenating your skin.
- Mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of water
- Apply this to your face and neck
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes (depending on the amount of moisture your face needs)