DIY Green Tea Rose Facial Steam
Treat yourself to a facial steam with green tea.
Treat yourself to a mini facial at home. A facial steam is an essential and easy step in proper skin care. Steaming opens up your pores, removes toxins, and leaves you with a cleaner and clearer complexion. It's very easy to do at home and can be done on a weekly basis. This green tea steam is one idea; you can also do a DIY aromatherapy steam or use herbs to steam your pores.
Green Tea Facial Steam Recipe
With loose or bagged green tea and , you can create a simple steam that refreshes your face, opens your pores, and removes toxins. To make your green tea facial steam, follow these steps: dried rose petals
1. Place one to two cups of water in a pot. Add one tablespoons of loose green tea or one tea bag. Also add one tablespoon of dried rose petals.
2. Heat the mixture until bubbles begin to rise up from the bottom of the pot and the mixture is visibly steaming.
3. Cover the pot and allow the tea and rose petals to steep in the hot water for 5-10 minutes. This way, you get the full benefit of green tea and rose petals.
4. Step over the hot pot of green tea-rose mixture, and uncover it. Learn over the pot, placing a towel around your head to create a steam tent. Steam your face for 5 minutes.
5. Reheat the water gently if you no longer feel steam.
If the water gets too hot, it can scald your skin. When using water for a facial steam, it should never come to a boil. If you are too hot, open the steam tent to allow some steam to escape or lift your face further away from the pot.
Benefits of Green Tea for Skincare
Green tea is great for do it yourself facials, because it offers a wide range of skincare benefits. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants, which can remove free radicals from your system. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can shrink those bags under your eyes.
Green tea may have an anti-aging affect when used regularly in skincare routines. While you may not be able to reverse sun damage or fine lines with green tea, it may be able to prevent or delay additional damage. Of course, you'll need to do more than just steam once a week to realize these benefits. A DIY green tea toner could be helpful.
Steaming with green tea brings all of these helpful properties right into your skin. You can also take a green tea supplement to get even more health benefits from the tea.
Rose Skincare Benefits
Rose also plays a role in skin heath. Rose, rose water, and rose oil can:
- Moisturize dry skin
- Reduce inflammation
- Remove bacteria and nix acne in the bud
- Clear and tighten your skin tone
- Even out skin texture
- Help cure skin diseases like psoriasis
- Naturally relieve anxiety and stress