- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care
DIY Herb Facial Steam
Aromatherapy Herb Steam for Your Skin
You don't need to visit the spa to deep clean your pores with natural herbs. All it takes is water and organic herbs. Learn the basics of a DIY herb facial steam and then get steaming.
How to Prepare Your Herbal Facial Steam
Place one to two cups of water in a pot. Add two tablespoons of fresh herbs or one tablespoon of dried herbs. Heat the herbs and water until you see bubbles rising up from the bottom of the pot and you can visibly see steam. Then cover the pot and allow the herbs to steep for at least 10 minutes so you realize their full benefits.
You don't need to have the mixture come to a boil, as you don't want to scald your face.
Pour a small amount of this mixture into a bowl. Place a towel over your head, and lean over the bowl. The towel will trap the moist steam and keep it in the area.
Allow your face to steam for 5 minutes to receive the most benefits from this practice. If the water cools off and no longer produces steam, pour additional hot water from your pot.
What Herbs to Use DIY Facial Steam
There are so many herbs to choose from. The following are commonly used for skincare routines:
- Calendula - Excellent for dry, damaged, or sensitive skin.
- Chamomile - Soothing chamomile can slow the effects of aging.
- Lavender - Naturally regenerative and relaxing, will soothe your skin and your spirits. dried lavender
- Lemon balm - Aromatic lemon balm is soothing and gently cleansing. It's good for all skin types.
- Peppermint - Especially effective for acne-prone skin, peppermint is also refreshing and restorative.
- Rose - Naturally regenerative, rose petals work well for mature skin.
- Rosemary - Rosemary steams are particularly effective at relieving acne and perking up tired skin in the winter.
How Often to Steam Your Face
Don't overdo it with steam. Steam your face no more than once a week.
Herbal Facial Tips
Benefits of Facial Steaming
Steaming your face can help unclog pores, improve your circulation, even out your skin tone, and add moisture back to your skin.
Depending on the specific herbs you choose for your steam, you will realize additional benefits. Play around with different combinations of herbs to find a formula that works for you.
- How to Unclog Your Pores for Tight Sexy Skin
Unclog your pores to tighten your skin and improve your complexion.
- How to Use a Facial Steamer
Before if someone wants to have her face steamed in order to have beautiful skin, she will have to go to his or her dermatologist's clinic. Now though it is possible to do it in the comfort of your own home thanks to the advancement in technology...
- How to Make Lemon Balm Infused Oil
Lemon balm infused oil is super simple, beneficial, and great for gifting.
- Health Benefits of the Herb Rosemary: How to Make Yo...
Remedies and natural treatments using the herb rosemary. Find out how to make your own herbal home remedies using rosemary. Rosemary is a remedy for ailments such as poor circulation and memory loss.