*DIY SKIN CARE AND SKIN HEALTH*
DIY* SKIN CARE & SKIN HEALTH*
Do you wanna know more about taking care of your skin? What are some of the natural remedies for those annoying acne scars and pimples...Well we are going to discover them together! You do your best to protect it from any kind of damage. Then, one day, acne rears its ugly head, and you suddenly hate your skin. What do you do then? Turn to harsh chemicals, and expensive scrubs? That’s a fine way to thank a friend who’s been there for you since day one.
The first and foremost important thing in any skin care routine: YOU DO NOT NEED TO WASH YOUR FACE 20X A DAY! IT WILL ONLY DRY OUT YOUR SKIN AND MAKE IT MORE SENSITIVE.
1. ACV ( Apple Cider Vinegar) - Apple cider vinegar is a powerhouse when it comes to acting as an acne remedy. Why? It kills off the bacteria that may be causing all the trouble in the first place. It also becomes alkaline, and balances the pH of your skin, then this way bacteria doesn't thrive on your skin. Please do not overdue this, this WILL dry out your skin!
Directions: You will need ACV and water. The mixture has to be 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water, dip a cotton ball into vinegar and apply it directly to the blemish. Leave on for at least 10 minutes, then wash it with cold water and then pat dry. Put on your favorite cream!
2. The honey and cinnamon mask - Raw honey is incredible for your skin thanks to its antibacterial properties and hefty serving of skin-saving antioxidants. It is full of antioxidants, and it is great for slowing down aging. The cinnamon on the other hand not only the great full of flavor to various dishes but can also cure many infections and diseases. The benefits of cinnamon include: diabetes, hair loss, cholesterol, memory, arthritis, skin and more.
Directions: You will need 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon then mix together until they are thoroughly blended and have formed a paste. You will take a brush or your finger tips and spread this all over your face. Once you do that leave it for 10 -15min and then rinse it out.
3. The next thing that is beneficial for your skin is YOGURT - Yummmy to eat and it's filled with probiotics. In India, using yogurt for skin is still valued as a great way to clear acne and pimples. Did you know that Cleopatra from ancient Egypt was famous for her daily sour milk baths that kept her skin glowing and youthful.
Directions: You wanna put the yogurt out at room temp, before you apply it to your skin or else you will feel a bit chilly when you apply it. You want to take about 1 tspn of the yogurt and 1 tspn of your raw honey and mix them together until it's all blended together. Then you want to gently apply it all over your face even T-ZONES and leave it for about 15min or until the yogurt is a bit try on the skin.. but not too dry.. you will then rinse it off with water and like always put on your favorite cream.
4. Papaya!! - Plain raw papaya is an all-natural acne remedy that removes dead skin cells and excess lipids from the surface of the skin, leaving it soft and smooth. Lipids are a general term for fats, of which oil is a form of. Papaya itself also contains an enzyme called papain, which reduces inflammation and helps prevent the pus from forming on the skin.
Directions: All you need is a papaya...Just take the flesh of the papaya and mash it up well, until it is of a consistency that can be easily applied to your skin. Leave it on for 15min and then rinse off and apply moisturizer appropriate for your skin.
5. Tea Tree it is!! - Remember that the last article talks about how tea tree is good for your hair and scalp. Well not only that but take a guess as to what else it's good for...That's right, your skin! Did you know that tea tree can be an effective anti-viral and anti-fungal home remedy and can be used to cure athlete’s foot and fungal nail infection. It also has antiseptic properties and is used to treat cuts, wounds, burns, boils and other skin disorders. Tea tree oil is just as effective as Benzoyl Peroxide (Acne Medication) to reduce acne. It is a natural alternative for curing acne, without negative side effects like reddening and peeling of skin. So if you are allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide like I am then tea tree is the way to go!
Directions: Take the tea tree oil by mixing 1 part oil to 9 parts water. Dip a Q-tip or cotton swab in mixture, and apply to problem areas. it should never be applied undiluted. You can apply a light moisturizer afterwards if you wish.
6. My favorite of all time! Strawberry and honey- It not only sounds delicious but it's a very good skin care product to use for a daily face wash/mask. Honey and strawberries make a home remedy for acne. Strawberries have benefits for the skin such as:
- Rich source of Vitamin C
- Dietary Fibre -- Strawberries are an excellent source of dietary fibre which helps in eliminating harmful toxins in our bodies.
- Folic Acid -- Folic Acid aids in cell regeneration and production of new cells in our bodies.
- Say goodbye to acne
- UV skin protection
- Skin lightening -- Strawberry juice is very efficient in lightening blemishes and acne scars.
Directions: All you need to do is take 1 -2 strawberries, mash it up together and add 1tspn of honey, apply to your face and let the mixture sit for 20 minutes. Rinse off completely with warm water, pat dry, and moisturize your skin.
If you are experiencing dry skin or rashes, visit your MD for emergency or a dermatologist for more information.