- Fashion and Beauty»
- Vegan Fashion & Beauty
DIY organic virgin coconut oil and tea tree oil deep conditioning hair treatment
Coconut oil for smooth shiny hair
Extra virgin coconut oil is a great conditioner for both hair and skin, and I am going to tell you how to use it as an amazing overnight hair treatment.
Coconut oil is a bit different than the other oils that you may have in your kitchen pantry, in the fact that it can be both a solid or a liquid, dependent on the surrounding temperature. At normal room temp it is usually a solid, but once it is warmed up (i.e. rubbed between hands) it changes to a liquid.
Tea tree oil is incredible for skin and will do wonders on refreshing your scalp.
Some things to look for when purchasing your coconut oil are 1. color (pure white), 2. should smell like real coconut (not that coconut FLAVOR smell), and 3. organic is a plus.
What you need
- 3+ tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, depends on length of hair
- 3-5 drops tea tree oil, completely optional
- spoon, for mixing
Some helpful photos
- Take your bowl/cup and scoop 3 tablespoons of your coconut oil into it.
- Add 3-5 drops of tea tree oil to your coconut oil and mix well with your spoon.
- Section hair and apply mixture from your roots to the ends of your hair all over your entire head. If for some reason the amount you made was not enough, just simply make another batch.
- Bun your hair or braid it (my favorite) and go to bed. The next morning wash out and style like normal. You may need to wash your hair two or three times to get the oil out, but trust me when I say you can feel the difference after doing the treatment just once.
Check out some of my other Hubs!
- ZenniOptical.Com Review of Cheap Online Prescription Glasses
Cheap, online prescription glasses review of ZenniOptical.com.
- Organic virgin coconut oil for lice treatment
Scratch, scratch, scratch. Oh no, its lice! Do not fear, an organic natural remedy is here. Organic virgin coconut oil is an excellent, natural way to rid the scalp of lice and their eggs. Not to mention making your hair soft, smooth, shiny and dandr
- college cuisine
The dreaded freshman fifteen has no hold here! I have come up with a tasty and cheap ramen noodle recipe that is sure to both please and satisfy. Ramen noodls are not only a staple in the college students kitchen but also cheap as well, because every