- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
DIY Organic Face Wash
I suffered from extreme acne and pimples for a very long time. They were not only embarrassing but had adverse effects on my skin. I knew that I had to do something before I damage my skin.
The skin of our face is very sensitive and requires extra care. Unfortunately, it's the most exposed part of our body. Due to pollution and sun damage, we suffer from dark spots and oily skin, which further results in acne and pimple.
For me, face washes were an utter failure. I was desperate to find something which can cleanse my face and provide all the nourishment it needs.
My mother used to apply this face mask with all the natural ingredients which can be applied daily and have no side effects.
Below is the full method how to make a natural face wash that you can use on a daily basis. It will clean your face but if you are a little sceptical about avoiding soap/cleanser on your face you can also apply it as a face mask.
What you need:
- Fuller's earth (multani mitti)
- Gram flour (besan)
- Rose water/essential oil (optional)
Benefits of Fuller's earth
Fuller's Earth has anti-septic, oil-absorbing and cleansing properties. It nourishes your skin and provides all the essential nutrients like calcium, sodium, iron and silicon.
You can easily buy it from organic stores or Amazon.
Benefits of Gram Flour
Gram flour is a very common ingredient found in every Indian kitchen. It not only has amazing health benefits but it's also a magic compound for the skin.
It exfoliates the dead skin, controls oil, reduces acne and pimples. It also helps in getting rid of tan and it's anti-septic properties makes it useful for preventing skin problems.
Benefits of Rosewater
Rosewater has anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing redness of the irritated skin. It also helps in reducing acne.
Rosewater is a natural cleanser. It cleanses the pores and reduces blackheads and whiteheads.
- Take a clean jar to store the contents.
- Add 100 gms of fuller's earth and 100 gms of gram flour into the jar.
- Mix them thoroughly so the concentration is even.
You can store this mixture for up to 2-3 months but it probably won't last that long if you use this as a face wash.
How to apply
- Take a little amount of the mix (I use 1-2 tablespoons) into a bowl and stir it into a paste by adding water.
- When you obtain a thick paste add a few drops of essential oil (preferably lavender or tea-tree oil) into the paste.
- Apply the paste on your face like a normal mask and wait for it to dry.
- When you're sure that the paste has dried completely, remove it with the help of a moist towel.
- Take a little amount of rose water on a cotton pad and apply it on your face.
Important: This is a lengthy process and many people don't have that much time in the morning so you can apply this as a night time routine and use a normal face wash in the morning.
© 2018 Vrinda Bhatia