Developing Good Posture (The Proper Way of Standing)
The Proper Way of Standing
Good standing posture is easy and comfortable, not stiff and strained. Here are some guidelines for good standing posture:
1. Stand with both feet flat on the floor.
2. Balance the weight of your body equally on both feet.
3. Keep your shoulders relaxed and shoulder blades flat.
4. Keep your chest out, abdomen flat and tucked in.
5. Keep your chin up but drawn in.
6. Hold your head high and hips balanced on both sides.
7. Let your arms hang loosely at your sides.