Dye Hair blonde with Peroxide and Baking Soda
Does it really work?
Yes. Both peroxide and baking soda will lighten your hair.
Dark hair will be harder to get to a color you like. It will take more than one or two applications.
Light brown or dark blond hair will lighten much easier.
Advantages of using Peroxide and baking soda
The advantages of using Peroxide and baking soda to dye your hair:
1. It is way cheaper than going to the salon or buying hair dye from the store.
Baking soda costs about $1.50 and Peroxide less than $1
2. You know exactly what you are putting on your hair.
3. If you use the no poo method to wash your hair you already have the baking soda on your hair and you just have to wash it out and your hair is squeaky clean.
4. You can choose how light you want the color by the amount of time you leave it on.
1. It is drying
Suggestions to help:
Maintain healthy hair by doing hot oil treatments, mayonnaise treatments or egg yolk treatments.
Use only on roots to or don't leave on the ends for as long as rest of hair.
Use Apple Cider Vinegar after dying to restore the PH level of your hair.
2. You can not choose a certain shade.
3. May turn out slightly different each time depending on length left on hair.
How to dye hair with Peroxide and baking soda
1. Mix Peroxide and baking soda in a container. It should be a gooey paste.
2. Section hair
3. Apply all over starting at the roots if dying whole head or for touch ups just the roots and about 1/2 inch below root growth to make sure it blends well.
4. Put a shower cap over hair or use a plastic shopping bag and secure over hair.
5. Wait 10-25 minutes depending on starting hair color and how light you want it. Check often to mack sure it is not getting too light. Your head will feel warm, this is okay,
6. Rinse the peroxide and baking soda out of hair.
7. Condition with Apple Cider Vinegar on the ends only
8. No need to shampoo just rinse and condition if you need/want to.
9. Comb hair ( it will be a little harder than normal)