Egg Yolk & Lemon Juice Anti-Redness Facial
Egg Yolk & Lemon Juice Facial - Gross or Great?
Here is another attempt at something interesting I found on Pinterest - an anti-redness facial made from an egg yolk and lemon juice. I'm no beauty guru, but I do have some facial redness from time to time, so I thought this would be a simple (and cheap) diy treatment. I had to wonder, is this mixture a great do-it-yourself beauty treatment or is it just plain gross? I decided to try this little experiment so you don't have to. You're welcome!
Here are the supplies you will need:
- one egg yolk (from my parent's refrigerator)
- juice from one lemon (from my parent's pantry)
- a small bowl or cup
- a whisk or fork
- a willing test subject (my sister)
Here are some simple instructions:
- Prepare your work area for easy clean up!
- Put the egg yolk and the lemon juice into a bowl and whisk! Yes, it will be very watery.
- Apply the mixture liberally to the red areas. I suggest using a silicone brush for easy application. You could also use a make up brush.
- Wait approximately 5 to 10 minutes to allow the mixture to work.
- Thoroughly wash the mixture off.
The test subject's face was really clean, but there was no significant difference in redness from before to after. This is not to say that this mixture does not work at all. Experiences may vary. It's also possible that using this treatment once or twice a week would show better results.
- Remember you are working with raw egg. There are risks associated with raw egg.
- Be sure to thoroughly wash everything that contacted the egg.
Anti-Redness Facial Products
Maybe you're not into making at home remedies for you beauty issues (I usually don't), so check out some beauty products online and read the reviews. You may find something that is perfect for you.