Egg White Face Masks Recipes to Make Your Skin Better
Egg White for Face
Egg white benefits skin in a number of ways when used as face masks. Among the variety of face masks at home, egg white masks stands out as the best. Egg white is that liquid part of egg which gives amazing beautifying effect on skin. It holds 80 to 90 percent of water and 10 to 20 percent of proteins. From shrinking pores, treating acne to reducing redness and increasing elasticity of skin, egg whites is extremely beneficial for facial skin.
Below in the article, you can get acquainted with egg white facial masks which can be prepared at home and several benefits of egg white on face.
Skin Benefits of Egg white
- The enzyme Lysozyme found in egg whites is a great help to preserve the natural elasticity of skin and hence gives a good fight to diminish wrinkles.
- Egg white is that home remedy that helps in improving and beautifying skin complexion.
- Egg whites are potential in giving your skin a firm and tight feeling.
- Regular use of egg face masks can make the large skin pores looks smaller.
- Egg white acts as a natural toner for the skin.
- Egg white can reduce the appearance of puffiness under the eyes.
- A deep pore cleansing can be done with the help of egg white.
- Egg white masks are good for oily skin as they gently take out the oily residue from over the skin.
- Egg white is a rich source of amino acids that aids in the reduction of the skin inflammation.
- Proteins in egg whites are useful in repairing damaged tissues and effective in treating acne.
- Lemon Benefits on Skin | Lemon Face Masks at Home
Lemon skin benefits on face are numerous. They are cheap and easily available. You can make use of lemon face masks at home to treat acne, scars, blemishes and pigmentation.
There are several face masks that you can make easily using egg white as a basic ingredient. Following are some homemade packs which will benefit your facial skin in many ways:
- Egg white, honey, olive oil to tighten skin
Mix an egg white with a teaspoon of honey and olive oil to prepare a mask to reduce wrinkles. Smear this homemade mask on your face and neck for 15-20 minutes. Egg in this mask will help to tighten the pores and honey will act as a great moisturizer. This egg white mask will give you a firm and tightening look and at the same time it is beneficial for dry and dull skin.
- To reduce oil from the skin
If you own an oily skin, try applying egg white on your face. Excess oil from the skin gets easily absorbed by the protein rich egg whites. Oily skin people can use egg white masks as a natural mild astringent to make their skin look less oily and shiny.
- As a skin toner
Egg white is a natural astringent which balances oil by extracting excessive oil from the skin. To make use of egg white to tone your facial skin, whisk an egg white until it gets smooth and foamy. Apply on your face for 15 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. This face mask at home tightens, refresh and tone the skin.
- Turmeric face masks at home | Turmeric Skin Benefits for the skin
Face masks at home with turmeric is very helpful to treat a number of skin conditions such as dark spots, blemishes, acne, pigmentation, wrinkles, stretch marks, cracked heels and so on.
Have you ever tried egg mask on face?
- How Egg white helps to treat acne
Egg white in egg has anti bacterial enzymes which assist in making skin clear and clean. Many times acne is the result of irregular hormones. Zinc found in egg white helps in regulating hormones and hence aids in the treatment of pimples and acne. Zinc in egg whites also lends a hand to heal acne and acne wounds.
Vitamin B3 in egg white helps to perk up the blood circulation of the body, this further helps in opening clogged pores.
The effect of egg white facial mask for acne can be boosted with adding other anti-acne things such as oatmeal and honey. You can make an egg mask by mixing soaked oatmeal, egg white and honey together. Apply on acne prone skin for 20 to 25 minutes. Wash off and pat your face dry.
- Egg white and lemon to treat acne and red marks
The egg white and lemon face mask will help you to get rid of blackheads and dead skin cells. Egg whites also help to lessen the redness of the skin and ease acne irritation.
Egg white also helps in the reduction of the skin inflammation. Lemon juice has natural skin lightening properties. This egg white lemon facial mask rejuvenates your skin, fading the appearance of marks on your face. To make this homemade remedy beat an egg white and few drops of lemon. Smear on face for 20 minutes and rinse off.
- Less fine lines and wrinkles with egg white masks
Separate the egg white from the yolk and beat it. Apply for 30 minutes and wash off with cold water. It helps to reduce the fine lines and wrinkles, if followed regularly as a skin care routine. The presence of some vitamins in egg white is known to promote the tissue repair.
- Egg to shrink large pores
Enlarged skin pores give you an uneven and dull appearance. Egg white is that home remedy which can be used to reduce the size of large facial pores. Egg white mask once a week will tighten the skin pores, making your skin looks firm and more youthful.
The unpleasant odor of eggs is the only drawback of using egg white as a face mask. But you have not to worry; it will not leave a bad smell on your skin. Also remember, if you experience redness, itching, or swelling on the skin while applying an egg white mask, wash it immediately. This means you are allergic to egg white. I hope the above skin benefits of egg white aid you to build an effective skin care routine.