- Fashion and Beauty»
FORTY-PLUS AND FAB-U-LOUS
FORTY-PLUS AND FA-BU-LOUS
Life begins at 40. I do not know who coined this adage, but I absolutely agree! At 40 plus, I am feeling way better than when I was in my 20s. In fact, I am feeling fabulous!
How about you?
Our culture screams the message daily on the television, on the internet, in magazines on the radio - that life for women, stops at 25, and men at 30, but that is not true, life gets better as we get older. Why would you want to go back to when you were in your 20s?
Our lives go through different seasons - Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. As you go through your life, you mature and change like the seasons. During the Spring of your life, you were carefree with few or no care in your life, but as you get to the Autumn and Winter of your life, you are more mature and your approach to life reflects this maturity. It is the time when you are settled in a career, the children are older (maybe have left home) and you have more time for yourself. This should be an exciting time to rediscover you. If your sex life was put on the back shelf, it is now time to reclaim it and become sexually reacquainted with your spouse again, or if you are single, find a new lover! Just because you are older, doesn’t mean that you don’t need the same physical and emotional intimacy as when you were younger, in fact, you need it more now! An active sex life will help to keep you mentally and physically fit, in fact, it is the key to a younger you. So, keep the bedroom hot! For women who may be going through menopause and you are facing challenges due to diminished hormone, visit your doctor and ask to be placed on hormone replacement therapy. This will help to put the ‘zest’ back into your life. Men, you should also visit your doctor if you are also going through midlife crisis!
It is important for both women and men to make an effort to look and feel attractive for your partner or just for yourself. Invest in some sexy silk underwear and nightwear, get a facial, do your hair and nails. Pamper yourself, you deserve it! Here are a few more tips to become fabulous:
1. Laugh! Laugh a lot! Laughter is the best medicine. Find a partner who makes you happy and laughter will come naturally.
2. Have sex, sex and more sex! No, you are not too old; you are never too old for some good loving!
3. Eat plenty fresh and whole foods, fruits, vegetables, nuts, eat less meat, and drink lots of water. Move from canned or frozen to fresh food. Skip all the processed, additives, fake and fast food and eat actual foods that have energy from the sun. Don’t forget to take your vitamins!
4. Move your body either by taking long walks, going to the gym, doing yoga or doing aerobics. You can move your body (unless you are physically challenged). Do whatever you can do, push yourself a bit and trust me, you will feel better!
5. Wear age appropriate clothes, jewelry and makeup. I am not saying to wear dowdy clothes, but women, don't wear short skirts – just above or just below the knee is okay. Men do not wear tight trousers or shirts. For women, simple classy earrings can jazz up the most casual outfit. Go for a softer natural glossy lipstick as the darker the lipstick, the deeper the wrinkles appear. As you get older, shorter hair is better and will give you a younger look.
6. Take care of your skin by exfoliating to get rid of the tired dead skin and allow the fresh vibrant skin to shine! Visit a herbal store and learn about the natural products that are available that are just as effective and even better and not as expensive as their alternatives.
7. Reduce drinking alcoholic beverages and do not smoke as these activities will add years to your appearance.
8. Take care of your teeth. Visit the dentist as often as possible. Put in dentures if you must or caps on unattractive teeth.
Being 40 and over doesn’t mean that you should stop having fun, you are going to become old and miserable, or that you have to start planning your funeral. You still can enjoy life as you get older. As long as you make an effort to take care of yourself, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t look forward to a happy, fulfilled, older and fabulous you. So for all you wonderful, fabulous persons over forty, fifty, sixty, seventy or more, here’s to you - Cheers!
I would appreciate your comments.