Facial Steaming: What Are The Benefits?
How Does Face Steaming Work?
If you want to shrink your pores, reduce blackheads, and improve your skin's circulation, you may have been told to steam your face. But how can applying steam to your face really help with all of these things?
Read on for an overview of the benefits of facial steam and suggestions of ways to DIY a steam treatment.
What Are The Benefits of Face Steaming?
Benefits of face steaming include the following:
- Detoxing the skin
- Boosting skin circulation by moving blood to the surface of your skin, which can even out your skin tone
- Reducing acne by removing bacteria from your face
- Softening and opening the pores, so you can remove gunk and oil trapped inside with exfoliation or a face mask
- Allowing your skin to better absorb other treatments
While steam facials do have their benefits, there is such a thing as over steaming your face. Limit yourself to one steam treatment a week to avoid overheating your skin and causing redness.
Face Steaming Treatments
There are many ways that you can steam your face at home. These three treatments are easily made using simple and inexpensive ingredients that offer skincare benefits:
- Green tea and rose facial steam - A green tea and rose facial steam can help to detox your skin by providing a mega boost of antioxidants. It may help to prevent sun damage and fine lines. Learn how to make your own green tea steam treatment.
- Aromatherapy - Aromatherapy facials using essential oils are super easy to make at home. Plus, the essentials oils can relax you, destress you, or relieve a bad mood. Learn how to find the right blend of essential oils to boost skin health and adjust your mood.
- Herbal facial steam - Fresh or dried, common herbs like thyme, rosemary, sage, lavender, and lemon balm have many benefits for your skin. Learn how to select herbs to use in a facial steam and what benefits different herbs can offer your skin when used in an herbal steam treatment.
Feel free to play around with facial steam treatments using common pantry ingredients. Try different combinations to explore what makes you feel the most relaxed and invigorated.